Monday 27 June 2016

Crazy Monday

Crazy Monday would be a slight understatement. Our stopwatch is now on five weeks and I am happy to say we actually managed to get a LOT packed this weekend. Lots of clearing out, throwing away and selling different things, but I can now see some results to the packing. The most noticeable is that at the moment both our cars are sleeping outside as the garage is filling up. One side is 'to go to the Cape' and the other side is 'to be sold.' The 'throw out' is all in the drive way waiting for rubbish collection. A very dirty job I might add.

We went to Pretoria on Saturday to look at material for curtains. Well shock of shocks, I thought it would be cheaper to make them but Oh Boy was I wrong. By the time we've bought the material, tape and then found someone who can put the eyelet rings in, the price doubles. So now we will just look for what we want and buy ready made. For many years, over various moves I made my own curtains, but it would seem that things have changed while I wasn't looking. We also went to see Poppet and Princess as we hadn't seen them since Poppet's surgery. Shame I felt so sorry for her, she has extremely bad bruising and was feeling pretty grim, but happily she now sounds much better and more like herself. Please allow me a little 'brag' here on my beautiful grand-daughter and what an amazing young lady she is. The house was immaculate and a massive load of washing done. She is doing such a good job of looking after her Mom. I climbed in and did the dishes for her and then together we hung up the washing. While we were chatting she says to me "Gran, I'm not sure what to do for supper tonight." I nearly melted with love, so we had a quick discussion and I made some suggestions and said to just keep it simple. Bless her heart, she stood in front of the fridge and said "tomorrow we are going to have roast chicken, potatoes and vegetables." I am so proud of you Princess, you are an enormous blessing and congratulations on such a wonderful Report Card, your hard work is paying off.

Today has been 'crazy' although some might have called it 'blue' - I'm looking at the glass half full theory here haha. I gingerly drove myself to the shops to do some 'new home' shopping and had a lovely time picking out cushions and a beautiful big wall clock for our new lounge. From there things went downhill (in the frustration department). We have a new supermarket so I decided to pop in and get a few essentials. Firstly I got chased away from the door I entered and was told to go 'over there' with a vague hand gesture to have my shopping packet sealed. 'Over there' turned out to be a completely separate entrance, with NO security ?????? By now feeling just a tad irritated I had to find my way up and down aisles I don't know, I can't read the signs above the aisles yet, for what I wanted. I wonder if I am the only person who gets supermarket trolley irritation? When the aisles are narrow and people meander down weaving from side to side and/or come to a complete stop in the middle of the aisle. Eeeeek. By the time I was done I made an executive decision to abandon my next stop and just get home. I have decided I cannot see well enough to to be allowed on the roads yet. I then came home to try and sort out a huge mess with our Medical Aid who changed administrators recently and in so doing all the rules have changed regarding chronic medications. I am still being bounced between people and it's not completely sorted out yet, but, I will have succes eventually.

For a few days I've been trying to figure out why my beautiful indoor Violet is looking so sad ....... well I now have the answer, one naughty, inquisitive, determined kitten - Kiko. She has been sitting on it to watch Gemma eat and then eating it herself. I ask you ? So plant now moved, broken leaves in water to grow new roots and a heartily chastised kitten who looks totally innocent and unperturbed. My last 'event' of this day was just the cream on the top. In all the packing we unearthed the slip covers for our lounge suite and so I decided to give them all a good wash and put them on for something different. Did I mention they are off white? So I put some of them in the machine and ran a double wash, which took forever, and when I went to take them out I nearly cried. Our washing machine tends to give off blackish residue on a big load. We've never been able to find out what it is or where it comes from, and generally if you leave it alone until its dry, it goes hard and you can just scratch it off. Not today. Today it smudged and streaked all over the four covers which are now lying in a bath full of water, hoping to soak it all off and waiting for Hubby to get home to help me get them out and on the line. This was the 'topper' to my day and I decided there and then the best thing I could do, for my own sanity, was to not attempt anything further, make a cup of tea and come and chat to you.

Friends, I sincerely hope your Monday has been infinitely smoother than mine, if not, smile and just remind yourself tomorrow is a brand new day and will be better. It's how we respond that determines how the rest of the day turns out. My philosophy for most challenges is 'this too will pass' and if I can retain my sense of humor, whatever it was will not determine how I feel for the rest of the day / week.

Here's wishing you a wonderful week of wisdom, favour, happiness, fun and always staying safe.

No comments: