Friday 17 June 2016

Public Holidays and Speed Bumps

Am I the only one who is feeling confused as to what day it is after yesterday's Public Holiday? I feel all turned around haha. Happy Fiday everyone I hope your week has been successful and that you are looking forward to a restful, happy weekend. At long last winter arrived in South Africa this week and it came with a vengeance, those of you who know me will know that I love the cold especially when it is accompanied by rain. On Sunday night it started raining and continued right through to late Monday evening, our maximum temperature here at home was 6 c. I was in my element, it has warmed up and we are hovering in the late teens, so still cold enough to cuddle up in the blankets.

My week has been quiet due to a couple of reasons, the most obvious being that I can't see clearly enough to drive or accomplish much else. Frustrating would be putting it mildly especially when there is so much to do. After my Doctors visit on Tuesday we at least have a reason for the 'mistiness'. Apparently during the operation when the cataract was being removed a piece slipped back in my eye and afterwards made its way between the 'support ring' and the lens. So, to that end I am back in surgery on Tuesday to have it removed and redo the process, just when I thought I was done. I am not a happy camper at the prospect and am continuing to place my trust in God for a complete healing and perfect eyesight. My surgeon will need a very steady hand in order not to shift the implanted lens and only God can supply that. Talk about speed bumps on My Life's Winding Road.

Only one more sleep and then little Kiko has her stitches removed and along with that her padded collar. Once I out the collar on her, she bounced right back to being the extremely active, run at warp speed, little fur ball she has always been. Nothing and nowhere is sacred in her exploration of her world. She now sleeps in the bed with us (much to Gemma's disgust) and I end up being a cat sandwich every night. Cat sandwich ? Gemma either sleeps under the covers or between Hubby and I, head on the pillows. Kiko now starts off under the covers then ends up on the other side of my pillow, hence cat sandwich. Please note, I am not complaining haha.

With Sunday being Fathers day we are planning a quiet family lunch with the girls, we have a tradition in our family that when it is someone's 'special day' whether it's birthday or other occasion, that person gets to choose the favourite meal. Hubby happily chose Lamb Stew, one of my favourite things to cook, so no fancy roasts just a good old fashioned, rustic one pot meal.

On that note folks, to all the Dads and single Moms - Happy Fathers Day and thank you for everything that you do for your families. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend, whether it's with family or friends. Appreciate and value every minute that you have together, stay warm, and as always wherever you are - Be Safe.

No comments: