Monday 6 June 2016

Feeling extremely grateful


A new week, new adventures and often new challenges. As I start this week I cannot help but reflect back down the road of my life and just know how extremely blessed I am. When things have been hard in my life especially over the last twenty years or so, and they have at times, I have always tried to look ahead and be optimistic. That perhaps second only to my Faith in God, is the only reason that I was able to get up in the morning other than my love for my children. I have always had dreams and desires as we all do, but perhaps never really (deep down) thought that they would ever come to pass. A very good friend of mine asked me the other day if I believed it could happen to others and I quickly said "yes of course," her reply was "so what makes you any different?" that stopped me and made me think. Dreams cost nothing and are a good place to go when things around you are dark, please don't ever stop believing and dreaming friends. God knows the deepest desires and dreams in your heart, even those you may never have verbalized. Many years ago after my husband passed away God 'gave' me a scripture which has been my rock, my foundation, my anchor ever since.

Jeremiah 29 v 11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

There have been many times when, like everyone else, I asked God "why me, will it ever end or be different, what did I do wrong?" I think these are a natural reaction to tragedy or life changing events or illnesses, but, I could not afford to stay there. I kept believing, pushing, fighting and moving forward, even if it was only an inch at a time. Where am I going with all this ? Well with a weekend of packing behind us and a brand new week ahead I sat this morning and just relfected on the goodness of God and His unfailing Grace toward us. With our move in sight and the beautiful house He has provided for us I am blessed beyond measure. I have always dreamed of being able to live near the sea again - we are 250 meters as the crow flies, I have always wanted the living area design that our new house has, I've always wanted pot drawers (haha I know that's crazy) but guess what ? Our new house TWO pot drawers, I could go on and on. He takes care of even our smallest desires. Never in all my 'dreaming' did I actually think it would come to pass and yet here we are - I have an amazing husband, a beautiful family who are healthy and happy, God has given us our dream home in the exact area we felt He was leading us to and we are seeing things fall into place one after the other. I have not shared this with you to brag in any measure, but as an encouragement that no matter how dark and hard things in your life may get, please don't stop trusting God and dreaming your dreams.

Did I mention we packed this weekend? Hmmmm that is an understatement because we started out by emptying the caravan which in turn led to having to sort through and pack the contents, which then evolved into packing other cupboards in order to fill up boxes. By the time we had finished and staggered back we had done a huge amount, yet alas, only a dent of what there still is to do.

As I write this my not quite so little Kiko is curled up on the chair soaking up the rays of sun. I do not think I've ever had such a busy kitten, good grief she can move, but when she is still and mellow there is nothing more loving or softer to cuddle, and thankfully she loves to cuddle and love and chat - just another blessing.

Have a wonderful week folks, go and write your 'stamp' on it, and always please....... Be safe.

Kiko in the sun

No comments: