Friday 10 June 2016

Phew, is all I can say

Oh my word what a week. I know that many of you have had a rough week and hope that you are still strong and ready to relax over the weekend. Thank you to everyone for your messages, comments and prayers for me. The operation went well with a somewhat better reaction to the Anaesthetic. I am super happy that it is now behind me even though I cannot see very well at this point. My eye is very 'misty' which the Dr says is normal and it will go away but in the meantime it makes life just a tad difficult. She is delighted with the results though, thank goodness.

It seems that in my life everything is on super speed right now. Last Friday Hubby received a phone call from a company he had worked for previously, asking if he would be available for the next two months, no guessing what the answer was as he is just finishing up his current contract. They called again yesterday to tell him that he starts on Monday - our God is truly amazing. Seriously, hardly anyone in his industry gets offered a two month contract and that is exactly how long we have left before the move. Woohooo

On Monday morning we got a call from Big Guy at about 8 am at our gate. He walked into the house chuckling a little sheepishly. Shame the poor man had left home before 6 am for a dental appointment, sat in the car waiting for the dentist to open only to be told he had the wrong day. He had to be there on Wednesday. Hahaha. We did a little catch up and coffee and then repeated the visit again on Wednesday before I had my eye patch removed. While I am on the subject of my sons please allow me a little brag. Big Guy has lost a whopping 17.5 kg over the last 9 weeks. He is looking absolutely fantastic, like a whole new man. On Sunday BigBear took part in his first Crossfit competition and did extremely well, hitting his personal best. Needless to say I am SO proud of my children I could burst. Well done guys you are an example to us all. Then yesterday we took our little Kiko into the vet to be spayed, all went well until we got her home and she woke up enough to discover her stitches. So right back out to the vet to buy a 'funnel collar'. Hmmm she is so small that the smallest collar she just pulled off. I tried putting a plaster on - BAD IDEA, she licked it off. Then we got creative with the funnel and managed to make it small enough and stay closed with cellotape except that she now has a problem eating and drinking. I tried taking it off this morning for her to eat and she went straight back to those irritating stitches. Did I ever mention how determined this ittle ball of fur is? I spent half the night thinking of different options and personally if I was able I would make a small blow up tube/collar to go around her neck, so I'm going to put this out there, if anyone has ANY ideas please let me know because at this stage it looks like she will have to wear it for the whole ten days.

Apart from the normal Friday morning household chores and activities, this morning we had 6 electricians crawling all over the house and ceiling doing this and that for the Electical Compliance Certificate. I admit I fled to my bedroom for as much of it as possible. Who knew that the satellite dish is supposed to be earthed ? DSTV certainly didn't do it. Now that peace has descended on my home, I can think ahead to the weekend and our little Princess'13th birthday on Sunday, to that end dearest Hubby and I are off this afternoon to catch up on a truck load of chores and shopping.........

I pray that this weekend will be a time for you to recharge your batteries and enjoy your families. Have an awesome weekend folks and always ....... Stay safe out there, you are precious to many people, each one of you.

No comments: