Friday 1 July 2016

Four weeks to go.

Four weeks to go, yippeeee. Just that thought is keeping me going in all the chaos that is my life right now. My house is starting to look empty and untidy, which anyone who knows me will tell you that untidy is difficult for me to live with. But, packing is progressing well and all the little ducks are lining up nicely. Water connections, sewage, telephone, postal box etc have all been organized. If things continue to proceed as planned we are good to go. My little book of lists is being well used.

Apart from all the moving details it has been a relatively quiet week in my part of the world. Mostly due to the fact that driving is still a challenge. I think it is safe to say that Hubby dearest is going to be under a little pressure as he still has most of the garage to pack as well as a Dining Room table and benches to make for Poppet, before we leave. Just another beautiful furniture piece to add to his 'catalogue' and then it's my turn. Hehe. My list of furniture needed and required is growing, keep those saws sharp and hammers close My Love.

One thing that has grown this week has been my knowledge of European politics. Jelly Bean has followed the whole England / Brexit story from the start, so by default have I, the major difference being that she grasps all the finer details quickly and then has to explain them to mother dear. The more I see and hear of what is going on in the world in general as well as our own country, the more obvious it is that the world is lost without acknowledging God. He is the only source of Peace and Hope that we have. At times it is very easy to get hung up on the details of whatever is going on in our lives and around us, forgetting that He is the God of miracles. When we expect miracles we will see them. Jelly Bean's words to me this morning after I received some not very good news were - 'Mom, God will perform the miracle, whether it the way you expect it or in a different way.' Such profound words, but even though we 'know' it, we need reminding time and time again. Friends God will ALWAYS come through for you, if you allow Him to, it's just not always in our timing and the way we may visualize it. Don't grow weary in your Walk of Faith, stay focused and keep your eyes firmly fixed on The Lord.

On that note, I am going to wish you a beautiful weekend full of peace, joy and love. Whatever you are planning make the most of it and as always - stay safe.


No comments: