Monday 13 June 2016

It's a faith walk.



Today the scripture 2 Corinthians 5 v 7 is buzzing around in my head. In the most literal sense I am currently walking by faith and not by sight. It is a super cold day here in Johannesburg, so heaters on, washing drying in the Dry Buddy, all the animals inside, a hearty lamb stew cooking away on the stove and Jelly Bean and I are snuggled up under blankets. I find myself more than a little frustrated as I still cannot see clearly out of my left eye (it is like looking through frosted glass. The darker it is the better I can see) which means I can't drive or function properly. I spoke to my surgeon earlier and am going in to see her tomorrow so that she can just check everything, I am walking by faith that God will complete my healing and not by how I can actually see.

It was our little Princess' 13th birthday yesterday and we had a beautiful family and friends lunch to celebrate. I cannot believe she is now 13, on Saturday night she was talking to me and she said "I can't believe this is my last day of being 12 Granny, tomorrow I am going to be a teenager." Never mind the fact that she is catching up to me in the height department rapidly. Oh my word time does indeed march on. What a special occasion, I am so glad we are still in Johannesburg to be able to celebrate it with her.

Last night I put my 'genius' to work, haha. After trying two funnel collars, some lotion which tastes AWFUL (trust me, it got onto my hands UGHHH), none of which worked I decided to get creative. I took a fluffy sock and folded the 'leg part' in half, stitched it up and stuffed it with toy stuffing, sewed the end and pinned it in place with a big safety pin and voila, happy kitty and her stitches are fine. Why hasn't someone made these and marketed them before?

Well friends just a short catch up today. Maybe you too are having to walk by faith and not by what the circumstances are telling you, if so, don't be discouraged or give up, hang in there and keep pressing on there will be a breakthrough. Where ever you are, Thank you for reading, stay warm/cool and above all else stay safe.


Kiko in her funny scarf/collar



No comments: