Friday 1 April 2016

Happy Friday everyone. I hope as you are sitting down to read this you are doing so with a cup of tea or coffee, because I'm guessing your week has been just as hectic as mine. It seems like life just gets faster and faster, and when I look around I am reminded of hamsters on a wheel. Everyone is in a rush, get here, go there, do this, do that. How many of us actually take time to BREATHE. I am trying to do that right now.

After yesterday's move, which went without any hitches, every bone in my body is protesting, vigorously. I am happy to say that when Hubby and I left Poppets house last night at 8, the girls were in and pretty much settled. Bedrooms made up and unpacked. Kitchen ditto. Lounge and dining room packed out With just the 'fiddly' things to unpack and arrange. Somehow during all that chaos (before the moving van arrived) we took a half an hour and went and had some 'play therapy' with the kittens. We each chose which one we are taking, oh my gosh it is so hard, I want to take them all and love them. But, even I know that wouldn't work as I am sure there would be queue out the front door all holding suitcases - Gemma being the first in line haha. I digress. Just that half hour carried me through the rest of the day. I have chosen our kitten and am looking forward to bringing it home in a week which will mean lots of cuddle time and laughs.

My wish for each and every one of you this weekend is that you take time to recharge your batteries, strengthen your family bonds, spend quality time with your children and spouse/partner. Have good food and fellowship with friends and those close to you and appreciate the little things.





2 comments:

Gerhard said...

Good to see I was not the only one working at 2:50 am this morning ...

My Life's Winding Roads said...

:D. Sorry, you were the only one working. My time stamp on the profile was wrong. Now sorted.