Monday 25 April 2016

My Talented Hubby

I am extremely blessed to have a very talented Hubby. Among the many things he does is making rustic wooden furniture, Poppet always tells her friends that everything in her house apart from the bedroom suite and couches were made by him. This weekend we went to install some cupboard doors that he was asked to make for a closed in patio. He had never made doors before but oh my word they have turned out beautifully. I am extremely proud of him so please forgive my little 'brag'. Its just as well that he loves working with wood as at the moment there is a 'waiting list'. We need two bookcases, one of which is a unique design (you wouldn't believe how many books are in this house) and also a dining room table and benches for Poppet.


Whilst he was busy with the installation I took the three girls for coffee at a super outdoor restaurant nearby. It's not something we often get to do but it was so nice to just relax in the sun. Perhaps relax is a bit of a misnomer. There were two trampolines, each of which is set up with a bungee 'catapulting' device. The child gets strapped into a harness and then there is someone who pulls them down whilst bouncing and then jumps and pulls them down etc etc. My little Princess might be almost thirteen but this was too much for her. She went on twice and I am not in the least bit ashamed to say that I wouldnt have even attempted getting on (not even as a kid). A real little adrenalin seeker this one. She was going so high that a number of people stopped to watch, especially when she started doing forward and backward flips, my heart was in my mouth. Not a moment's fear, in fact if she had her way she would have gone ten times haha. I would like to add that we did go back to help Hubby with the final part of the installation and clean up.

This is a short week for those of us in South Africa as Wednesday is a Public Holiday, which means an extra day for family and friends. We are staying home and will just enjoy the stillness. I will probably be doing some baking seeing as the crunchies are long gone and the empty cookie jar is now staring at me every time I walk into the kitchen. How can a glass object make you feel guilty?

Kiko update - if it's at all possible, she is busier than ever. Loves playing with her toys and keeps me busy in having to think up with new games, at the same time as trying to keep all my skin intact. I weighed her and she has put on a whole 280gms in the three weeks we've had her, she still feels as light as a feather and as soft as silk. Kiko involves herself in absolutely everything that I am doing. If I am filling the dishwasher, she stands on the door 'to help', when I am in the kitchen so is she and the same for every time that I move. As Big Bear said to me this morning she is exactly what I wanted and more.

Have an awesome week friends, remember to breathe when things get stressful and please stay safe.




No comments: