Monday 18 April 2016

Beautiful stops on a road trip.

One of my favourite things about a road trip is that every now and then you come across the most beautiful scenes. Whether it be a copse of trees alongside a river, or the sight of the ocean after a long dusty road, for me it's always soul soothing, encouraging and refreshing. Last week turned out to have some of those beautiful moments.

Poppet had to go for her regular 6 month check up with her Oncologist. It's always a tense time for us, plus the fact that the Dr hasn't ordered a full panel of Cancer Marker Blood Tests since she has been seeing Poppet. The usual tests were done the day before the appointment and when Poppet saw the doctor she shared her concerns and they then ordered a full panel of all the tests. We got the phone call the following day that EVERY test came back clear. Praise the Lord, she is now 5 years Cancer FREE. God has been so faithful and so many prayers have been answered. When I look at how she has grown, in every area of her life over the past five years, I stand amazed, grateful and so very proud. Way to go Angel.

Then, after me telling you all on Friday that Hubby's contract was finished, his boss spoke to him on Friday and said that they still need him for the next few months. This is what we have been praying for - a short term contract - until the sale of the house is complete and WE are ready to make our move.

It is all these things that encourage me and give me the ability keep on pushing, believing and moving forward. After all the tragedies, dramas, and stresses I have faced along my journey, I have learned to see the positives, to concentrate on the good and appreciate every day that I have with the people that I love. There is a saying that goes 'The good times don't last. Well friends neither do the bad times.

Yesterday I discovered something completely life changing for us as a family. I was reading a Blog that I follow, a lady whose family are extremely allergic to a huge amount of different foods. She had posted a recipe for Sticky Cinnamon/Blueberry buns that were wheat/dairy/egg and sugar free. As one member of our family is a Type 1 Diabetic and a couple of others are Insulin Resistant as well as wheat intolerant, this recipe caused me to take a look at the ingredients. The first thing I saw was that the Chef had used Coconut Palm Sugar, which after a bit of investigation I discovered is a totally natural 'sugar' that does not cause sugar highs or lows, does not taste or smell like coconut, caramelizes like real sugar and can be used in baking with the same results, which none of the other sugar substitutes do (for me anyway). Needless to say I have already bought some and am planning some healthy baking this week. I will let you know the results so here's holding thumbs

On the cat/kitten front, not much has changed. Her Royal Highness Gemma is still a bit hissy, we are still having lots of laughs as little Kiko continues to try and befriend her, even going as far as stalking her and then jumping on her back which as you can imagine didn't go down very well. With a terrified squeal Gemma took off down the passage and stalked out of the house looking very disgusted. Baby proofing a house has nothing on the steps we are having to take to keep Kiko safe as she loves to climb but doesn't know how to stay safe. Windows closed, doors boarded up to above where she can jump. Fun and games on a continual basis in this house, truly never a dull moment.

Have an awesome week folks, appreciate all the positives and stay safe.

No comments: