Monday 29 August 2016

Productivity is good for the soul

Happy Monday friends I hope that today finds you all rested and ready to conquer your week. Our weekend was extremely busy around the house, I think I have mentioned before that whoever said retirement was sitting around being lazy was seriously mistaken, we have never been so busy. So much so that we haven't even really done much exploring. With Betty's Bay having been enshrouded in fog since Friday evening, most of the time we haven't even been able to see the ocean much less the mountains, and half the family recovering from their colds we concentrated on indoor activities. On Saturday my clever Hubby started building another cupboard for our bedroom and I took the bull by the horns and started making the Roman Blinds for our kitchen. To those who know me will know that I am much happier knitting or doing crochet than I am sewing so this was a challenge which I am delighted to say turned out very well. Yesterday found the cupboard built and installed so now for the first time we have unpacked all our clothes and have no more boxes or bags in the house, I am so proud of this man of mine he is extremely talented, well done my Darling. From my side the blinds are all made and ready waiting to be hung (pics to follow) and are something else I can tick off my 'have done' list.

One of the great tourist attractions of the Western Cape is the wild flower displays up along the West Coast although I have never seen them we are having little glimpses of the floral 'shows' in our area. Up and down the slopes of the mountains and the fields the various types of Fynbos are blooming and one can see these large patches of yellow or white, it is absolutely gorgeous and as soon as I get an opportunity I intend to photograph them. We also plan on trying to go up the coast to see the actual displays which are so famous. There is a plethora of places to see and things to do down here, just two kilometers up the road is the Botanical Gardens which apart from their flowers and indigenous gardens have a couple of hikes that one can do, ranging from an easy stroll with a picnic basket to a hike for the more experienced with waterfalls and small swimming holes. We have Sand Boarding on the dunes, surfing, fishing, whale watching (we haven't seen any yet) and all manner of outdoor activities, art galleries, pottery shops as well as a few very individual Pubs and restaurants. On Saturday evening after a full day of being busy we opted for a Take Out dinner of Fish and Chips (what else), so after having phoned in the order I tootled off to collect. First of all the fog was so thick one could barely see 100 m and all around was this absolute silence, I walked into the restaurant and there they had THE hugest fire going in the fireplace it could not be more different after having come from Johannesburg but I wouldn't trade it for anything. God certainly knew better than us when it came to where we should be and every day we thank Him for His grace and goodness.

As for our animal family they are all behaving, there have been no more successful escapes by Houdini (Max), there is still a truce between the cats who as I type this are each sprawled out on the back of facing sofas fast asleep. Hubby dearest has escaped to his 'man cave' aka the garage and is doing some work and I should probably start organising dinner which tonight is going to be a 'Mom special' of Pasta Penne with Mince, mushrooms, cheese and loads of garlic and spice. I am attaching a few photos for you to enjoy that I took Friday afternoon on our walk at the beach. Have an awesome week folks, thank you for your support and always stay safe please.

The waves breaking on the rocks



Looking out towards Hermanus



Very laid back Egyptian Goose



Some of the beautiful Fynbos


No comments: