Friday 19 August 2016

The days just fly by.


Good morning friends I hope this finds you winding up your week and looking forward to a great weekend. I am certainly glad that it is Friday because that means my precious Hubby is coming home tonight. Gee the house has been quiet without him although I think he has been so busy he has hardly had time to think. We have had two days where the wind has not blown at all and there is a heavy mist shrouding the mountains, so very peaceful and quiet. On Wednesday morning when we drove in to the airport and again on the way home there was a full moon which was shining over False Bay (we took the coast road), it was such a beautiful sight I just wish I could have captured it on my camera. We left home at 4 am and Jelly Bean and I drove back at 5.30am while it was still pitch black - it's a challenging road to drive as it runs right along the coast and is very twisty which doesn't leave a lot of opportunity to stop to take photos especially in the dark haha, I will get that photo some day.

Yesterday the two of us went on a bit of an exploration into Hermanus to get some groceries and kind of see what is there. It is the most gorgeous little town with little side roads filled with unique shops, including lots of bookshops which was right up our alley. Hermanus is one of those towns where you need a couple of hours, a comfortable pair of shoes and lots of patience to walk around. It is a tourist town so I find it can be quite expensive but bargains are everywhere. We also stocked up the pantry in the sense that I am going to attempt making rusks this weekend, here's holding thumbs - I will hopefully have positive feedback on the results.

One stand out event of the week is that our little Princess is going to be flying down for the October school holidays. This was not in the planning but she has really been battling since we left and after some discussion we all felt that the best solution was for her to come and spend the holidays rather than wait until December. So there is much excitement in the air and I am already thinking of ways to keep her occupied, collecting shells is high on the list. I am quite sure Grandpa will take her fishing, which they both enjoy, and walk the dogs which Houdini will enjoy. He has outdone himself this week with escapes and has been kept to the deck until Hubby gets back to remedy things. Our alarm company even put out a watch call for him after one escape #head in hands.

I have just seen the weather report which is forecasting that another cold front is about to hit us over the weekend and work its way up through the rest of South Africa. Sooooooo I think a weekend of baking, being bundled up in warm clothes and finding indoor activities is going to be on our menu. Wherever you are in South Africa stay warm, and everywhere else in the world stay warm or cool as your climate dictates, have a fantastic weekend and above all friends, please stay safe.

No comments: