Monday 22 August 2016

My journey is easier with good planning

Greetings folks from a really cold Betty's Bay, I hope you all had a glorious weekend and are ready for whatever this new week brings? I know already this week is going to be a busy one and am garnering strength and energy to get through it. This weekend was also extremely busy and due to some insufficient planning (on my part) a tad frustrating haha.

Jelly Bean and I had everything planned on Friday evening before we went through to the airport to collect Hubby Dearest who was due to land just before 10 pm. We tootled off to the Mall to do some shopping and have dinner, this didn't go quite the way we planned seeing as we started off at the bank only to find out the bank card had expired. Happily the bank was still open and due to close in two minutes so we nipped in and were blown away by the service we received. They had no clients except for us and I was half expecting to be told to return the following day. Yet again the customer service here in the Western Cape is on the whole amazing. The lady who helped us made sure that she covered every possible angle and stayed until 6.15pm getting us sorted out with a smile. We were so blessed. Needless to say we had to rush the rest of the shopping before the stores closed but managed to get everything as planned and then stopped for a delicious seafood dinner which we took our time over. Eventually we left for the airport and arrived there at the same time as Hubby was supposed to be leaving Johannesburg giving us a two hour wait (we thought haha). More coffe' then messages from my darling Hubby to say their flight had been delayed, then delayed again ...... Yaaaay !!! So, people watching it was, we went and sat at the arrivals hall and for two and a half hours watched humanity bustle back and forth, it was actually a lovely time and an activity that can actually restore one's faith in humanity as you see families come together, couple reconnect etc. I will confess to the both of us having some really good laughs at either fashion bloopers or just general situations, all in all a fun evening with both of us getting more and more tired as time wore on, his plane only landed just after 11 pm and by the time we got home it was 12.20am.

Saturday found Hubby and I emptying out the entire garage and repacking it in order to 'sort it out' as well as make some much needed space, may I say this was NO small task but we accomplished exactly what we wanted and the bonus is we now know where everything is. So much for me saying it was going to be a weekend of indoor activities, being bundled up warm and baking hmmmmmm. Yesterday I had planned to get the Bread Machine out and make some delicious bread and then try out a new recipe for muesli rusks and this is where the lack of planning wrecked all my plans. I opened the flour packet which had a weavil nest, so no problem I used other flour and like a true South African 'made a plan'. I happily put everything into the machine and as the last ingredient was added the reality hit me, I was supposed to put the water in first and had added it LAST...... Being the optimist that I am, I let the machine carry on to the end of the programme. We had bread haha it was just a bit different - not all the ingredients got mixed in and it didn't rise properly, fail one in the baking department. Not to be daunted I moved onto the rusks and again a lack of planning stopped me in my tracks, I had not read the recipe closely enough and was just plain missing some of the basic ingredients so the rusks are on the to do list. It reminds me of a Scripture in Proverbs 24 v 3-4. Any enterprise is built by wise planning, becomes strong through common sense and profits wonderfully by keeping abreast of the facts. Something that I did not do yesterday. Eventually we just settled for the 'bundled up warm and stay inside' bit while the wind and rain raged around us, a very pleasant day ultimately.

In closing today's Blog and on a happy note, after nearly five months of my two cats barely tolerating each other, it would seem that we have turned a corner. Gemma has declared a truce and is actually allowing Kiko fairly close, even going as far as to play tag with her, although let it be said she is a sore loser because the moment Gemma sees that she is about to be caught there is much hissing and growling, these cats are a constant source of laughter and joy. Wishing you all an excellent week ahead and please as always stay safe. If you know of someone who is hurting or going through a difficult time can I ask you to reach out and encourage them? Whether it is through a phone call, an email or even a text message, just reach out and make someone's day better.

Yesterday's sea, even the white horses had white horses



Happy moments both cats curled up on my lap although it's hard to see who is who





No comments: