Friday 29 July 2016

About to start the road trip on our new adventure.

It's Friday evening and the end of a totally crazy week. Good evening folks, I hope this finds you all well and looking forward to your weekend, I don't know about you but whew what a week. It has flown past and yet at the same time feels like it was a month long. Our week has consisted of goodbyes - very hard, dozens of last minute details to be attended to, meeting a 'new' friend and then today just manic activity. I am sure you will be relieved to hear that the packing is FINISHED, we are down to three forks, knives, mugs, plastic plates, curtainless windows, furniture in all the wrong places and sheer unadulterated exhaustion. Tomorrow we will have both cars washed and I still have to clean the oven (very sad face) then we will get some time to spend with the girls. We have already said our goodbyes to Big Guy as he is away this weekend, and that was really hard. Yep I know it's only a two hour flight but there is still a big distance. My darling Hubby and I were blessed to celebrate our ninth wedding anniversary yesterday and even managed to go out for dinner which was a wonderful treat. the removal van arrives at 8.30 Sunday morning so hopefully we will be on the road by lunch time, and so the new adventure begins on this winding road which is my life.

I will be posting the next Blog just as soon as our Wi-Fi is installed next week. We will be in Cape Town by Monday afternoon and then on Thursday everything starts again, in reverse hahaha, in my opinion the unpacking is much quicker than the packing. It reminds me of Christmas, it takes months of planning and gift buying, days of cooking and preparing and in a couple of hours it's all finished. That reminds me, once I have settled in it will be time to start thinking of Christmas and having the family there woohoo.

Hubby dearest finished working today after 49 years of diligence. Well done and congratulations my Darling you have definitely earned your retirement. Thank you for being such a wonderful provider for our family and all your love and care.

Please allow me a little bragging. Today our little Princess had Inter House athletics at school. She did amazingly well in all her events and ended up winning two Gold Medals, two Trophies, one Bronze Medal and a first place ribbon. What a little athlete I can't describe just how proud I am of her, just really sorry that I wasn't there to see her compete. Her mom and uncles were all very sporty at school so it must be in the genes. Well done Nu.

Friends, even as I type this my eyes are 'yelling' bed, sleep. So I will wish you and yours a wonderful weekend. Whatever your plans I hope the weather co-operates and that you have a wonderful time. Don't forget to tell your loved ones just how precious they are and how much you love them and as always please stay safe.


Our garage at the moment

No comments: