Friday 22 July 2016

Tying up loose ends.

Happy Friday to everyone, I hope your week has gone well although I am sure each and every one of us are delighted that it is at last weekend. For some it is a chance to catch up on household chores, for others a time to rest and recharge their batteries, or, lots of socializing and or shopping. For us this weekend is going to be a mix of all of the above. Already the 'goodbyes' have started but now to start saying goodbye to family which is HARD and I'm not looking forward to that, but then i remind myself it is 'Au Revoir' and not goodbye. Somewhere inbetween the shopping, chores, lunch date and packing I will be finding an hour or two to recharge my batteries. At long last I can see properly, this has been an extremely long 7 weeks since the first surgery on my left eye, from then until yesterday I could not read or see any detail at any distance, a real danger to society I was haha. Yesterday I was blessed to be able to collect my new glasses (even though I still do not like wearing them) and it was like switching on a spotlight. Everything is so bright and crisp but when I walked into my house, oh my goodness I nearly fainted. All I could see was dirt to the point that I grabbed the broom and got cleaning, and I clean this house every day. I am now able to see what the riders in the Tour de France look like and actually read the distances and times. I had not realized just how depressing it has been in not being able to see clearly until I drove home wearing my glasses. Wooohooo. As BigBear said, now I will be able to see the Cape in all its HD beauty. My contact lenses are still being manufactured and I pray that their progress speeds up beyond what we are expecting.

Last night we loaded the dogs and Gemma into the car and chugged off to the Vet to get them up to date on all vaccinations, rabies shots and travel documents. Also to be told that Gemma has a bit of an unstable knee, it tends to pop in and out of position but doesn't cause her any pain, so something we will have to keep an eye on. Quite an adventure I can tell you and another item ticked off the list, which now only has two tasks left to do. Yaaaay I think I will throw the chalk away before anyone can add more chores. Unfortunately one of the frustrations that cropped up this week was the fact that although our furniture is being loaded onto the truck on Sunday the 31st, instead of unloading on the 2nd or 3rd they can only unload on Thursday the 4th. Everybody forgot that the 3rd is Voting Day and a Public Holiday...... GRRRRR! I will admit to being very upset at the time to the extra delay because all I want right now is for this move to be over, being upset doesn't change anything so I just had to adjust my emotions, re-arrange accommodation details etc and 'get over it' as we say.

Kiko however, never fails to add entertainment to every situation. As mentioned before she has single 'handidly' managed to destroy my indoor plants, from nibbling the chilli bush, digging in my cacti pots to killing my Violet altogether she certainly hears the 'no' word a LOT. Only yesterday it dawned on me to switch the two cacti pots so that the one she can reach is the prickly one, I have no idea why it took me so long to figure that out #facepalm. On the pro side she is biting less when she plays, still has to be a part of everything that I do and follows me from room to room. In fact the times she is at her naughtiest is when I am busy hmmmmm, perhaps there is a message in there somewhere?

Friends, have a wonderful weekend, and as always - be safe wherever you go.

No comments: