Monday 18 July 2016

Fun and games

Happy Monday friends, before I go further please allow me to apologize for the 'problem' we had with Friday's Blog not showing. I was completely unaware that it had not published until Poppet asked me yesterday where it was. What a busy weekend, oh my gosh. Last night I saw a meme which said "Nooo, it's Sunday night and tomorrow is Monday, I need another Sunday." That's kind of how I feel, what happened to the weekend? Even though it was super busy we accomplished a huge amount. Yesterday we had our last Sunday family lunch in Johannesburg. There will be many more but mostly down in the Cape. I made a full on Roast Chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes, rice and vegetables, we don't often eat as much as that but it was a special occasion. Poppet provided the pudding which was the perfect end to the meal. It is so special to be able to just sit with the family, no pressure, no stress and just enjoy each other's company. I eventually finished the Poncho / Sweater that I started knitting awhile ago. Some of you will remember that back in an earlier Blog I mentioned that I had seen it in a picture but could not find a pattern anywhere. A friend challenged me to just 'go for it' and with toes crossed (I needed my fingers for the knitting haha) I did lots of calculating and started. Well I am quite happy to say it actually worked out well. Princess loves it and surprisingly says it's very warm. So ... Knitting a garment without a pattern - check. Picture below.

Our garage is now fast getting to the stage where we have to be careful where we walk, Kiko however thinks it is the most magical place to play hide and seek. The pile of boxes and bags is growing upwards steadily whilst the house is starting to echo. Not long now I keep telling myself :). Whilst we were chatting yesterday Hubby dearest mentioned that he started working in 1967 which makes his 'working life' 49 years, so I quickly made a mental note to keep him busy with furniture projects in order to 'help' him ease into retirement hahaha, well done my Darling you certainly deserve this retirement, just think of all the adventures and fun we are going to have. One thing I am looking forward to is getting the kitchen up and running, I am missing being able to bake or be creative. We had a really good laugh yesterday while making the lunch, on Saturday I happily packed all my casserole and Pyrex dishes, plus a couple of weeks ago, all the excess cutlery was packed. Yesterday I reached into the cupboard for a dish and ...... nothing haha, then Poppet was setting the table and we were short of knives and forks - clever mother! we improvised and I don't think the guys were even aware of what was going on, but we certainly had a chuckle.

Friends I am going to wish you a wonderful week, full of good things, happiness and peace. I hope your week is not going to be stressful or madly busy. Hopefully you will be able to take time to 'smell the roses' and breathe. As always please stay safe whatever you are doing.

The Poncho

/



No comments: