Monday 4 July 2016

A busy week ahead.

And a happy Monday to you all from a very cold Johannesburg, the sun is shining but goodness gracious it is cold. I decided that today was going to be a rest day. After packing so many boxes over the weekend an 'executive' decision was taken - I believe it is well deserved hehe. To that end typing this finds me wrapped up in a blanket, the gas heater is on and copious cups of tea are being consumed, but can you believe it I'm still cold? There is a pot of Spicey Chorizo and Bean soup on the stove and everything else is 'sorted'. My amazing Hubby built Poppet's dining room table over the weekend and is now busy on the two benches, it looks stunning and I cannot believe how quickly he has done it. Sweetheart you truly have a God given talent, I'm so proud of you. One of his first projects when we get to the Cape is to build a duplicate table, just a little higher and a bit narrower for our kitchen/gas stove area. Talking about gas stoves we have wanted one for ages, I love the way they cook. Our gas hobb is going to be set into the table, it is so exciting being able to design all these different features. This morning whilst out shopping I saw some beautiful gas whistling kettles in gorgeous colours, when asking the price I was astonished at how cheap it is especially as it's a 3 litre in cobalt blue. Needless to say I just could not resist.

It's also that time of year when I get to tour Europe as the Tour de France is on, this is my absolute favourite sporting event of the year. as well as enjoying the race itself, I love the commentary when they give out historical facts and information etc, definitely a highlight for me as well as being a time when I get a lot of knitting done. The poncho jersey which I started a while back for Princess is now coming close to being finished. During a quiet moment this weekend I happened to see a photograph of Kiko when she was a baby. I can't believe how much that little face has changed in three months. Her thirst for adventure and playfulness has not diminished in the slightest though, which is unfortunate for Max, our Yorkie. He is her latest 'target' to tease which is really funny because he tolerates her at best. He is a real grumpy little old man and unless Gemma is fighting with Kiko he avoids her. The new game is at night when he is trying to get into his bed, which is next to my side of the bed. She chases him through the house and when he runs into the bedroom he has to go around the bed, she merely jumps over the bed in two leaps and ends up in the basket. The way he stands looking at it in utter confusion is hysterical. He looks from her to me as if to say "a second ago she was behind me, how did she get there?" He will then turn and go back to the lounge and we start all over again and again until she gets distracted or one of us steps in and stops her. Shame poor little guy, not always the brightest button in the tin. He and Gemma would be quite happy being the only animals in the household.

Friends I sincerely hope your week is going to be a good one, I know mine is going to be super busy but I choose to have a good week. My thought is that tomorrow is a brand new day which is completely untarnished, trouble free, and can go either way. It's my 'job' to make it as good as possible. Have good days, choose to be happy, forgive quickly and as always .... Stay safe (and warm).


Kiko when she was about 6 weeks old



Kiko last week - she is now about 4 months old. That look says "what do you want now mom ?"




No comments: