Tuesday 31 May 2016

About to go home


Good morning friends, here I sit listening to the seagulls with a hot hot lemon drink in my hands while the rest of the family sleeps ...... Hmmmm something wrong with this picture. What a week would be puting it mildly, we fly home at lunchtime after a whirlwind week down in the Cape which happily has been successful and productive beyond our wildest dreams.

We ended up buying the second house we saw, this was the one that we totally fell in love with on Thursday morning. When I look at the pictures I am blown away with how very, very blessed we are and to what degree our prayers have been answered. It is everything we asked for, I hoped for, and then more. We will be only about 400 m from the ocean with one row of houses between us and a partial ocean view. My mind is continually thinking of how I want to arrange our things there, all the things we can do with it and just generally huge excitement. The area is everything we expected, a small village atmosphere with the mountains behind us and the sea in front. God has been so extremely good to us.

We were able to spend a lovely day on Sunday with the family (the first day not spent driving distances in the car), we went out to Blouberg and Milnerton which are slightly up the West Coast, where one always sees the iconic pictures of Table Mountain in the distance, well Murphy's Law was in effect and there was a thick band of fog hanging over the sea, so no view. We had the most magnificent lunch of seafood in a gorgeous, rustic, very classy restaurant before going for a long walk collecting shells and driftwood along the beach. Oh ...... did I mention that coming out of the restaurant I missed the second step and not at all gracefully fell down the stairs on my chin, bounce, bounce, bounce. I am quite sure that everyone looking must habe thought "hmmpff she had too much to drink" and here I'd only had a cup of tea and a coke. Nevertheless quite a spectacle did I make of myself. I can assure you that apart from a grazed knee and chin, some magnificent bruises in weird places, sore ribs, there is not ONE part of me that is not sore. So some slow moving ahead, SO glad we are flying home and not driving.

I am missing my cats terribly and am sure that Kiko has grown a lot in the last week, can't wait to get home to play with and cuddle them. I have been 'borrowing' BigBear and BabyBear's cats for cuddles. Our neighbour, who looks after the Pets has kept me updated on all the antics and catastrophes on a daily basis and its high time we got home to bring some order into our animal's lives haha.

I would like to just thank each of you, my readers, for you encouragement, prayers, and support on this Blog and as from from Friday I will be back to normal with posts and updates. As I hear the family stirring I am going to bid you Au Revoir until then, have a wonderful week and stay safe.

My 'iconic' photo of Table Mountain on the way home.



Lions Head taken from Camps Bay beach on Friday evening.

No comments: