Friday 6 May 2016

Take time to Breathe

Can you believe we are into May already? It feels like this year is absolutely flying by. I think it's really important for us ladies to try and find even a half an hour to just 'breathe' - do something that relaxes you - read a book, take a long hot bath, go and sit in the garden, whatever helps you connect with yourself. One of these days I will be able to do my 'ultimate recharge' which is to walk along the beach, oh how I am looking forward to that daily event. I am not someone who enjoys sitting on the beach tanning, but let me walk and I can go for miles. In the midst of all the planning and busyness that we are going through I hold onto that image and know that it's not far off.

On the move front it is all systems go. Our trip down to the Cape is planned, tickets back are booked, Estate Agents are busy looking and we are about to start the delightful task of packing. This I am sure, is going to provide a lot of 'fun' as Kiko simply has to be involved in everything, and I mean involved. The only time she disappears is when the vacuum cleaner comes out, haha. Even stacking the dishwasher has now become a challenge as she climbs in whilst I am busy loading it and I am terrified that someone will close the door with her inside. I happened to look in the clothing cupboard the other day and there she was walking along the top rail, on top of the hangers...... For all her cuteness though, I am probably going to be highly unpopular tomorrow as she has to go for her 2nd vaccination, wish me luck :)

In a burst of early morning energy this morning I baked some Cheese Muffins. We've been eating these for years and I have managed to adapt the recipe to Gluten free successfully. Neither Jelly Bean nor I are big breakfast people and these make the perfect breakfast. I am going to share the recipe here as they are equally good made with regular flour or gluten free flour. I use the Glutagon Flour range in all my baking and have never been disappointed in any of their products.

CHEESE MUFFINS

2 cups Self Raising Flour (either regular or gluten free)
20 ml - 4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Good pinch of Cayenne Pepper
5 ml - 1 tsp mustard
1 cup grated cheese (I use a bit more)
2 eggs beaten into 2 cups of milk.

Mix the dry ingredients and cheese together (at this stage you can also add cooked bacon pieces if you want)
Add the milk and egg and stir through thoroughly.
Put into your muffin pan which has been well greased

I use an ice-cream scoop and this recipe makes 12 large muffins

Bake in a 180 C oven for approximately 20 mins.

Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee

Well friends with a busy weekend ahead I want to wish all the Moms a Happy Mother's Day and hope that you will be spoilt and take time to recharge your batteries. Stay safe.



No comments: