Monday 2 May 2016

The days are flying past.

It feels like Sunday but it's Monday and so that means another short week. It's amazing how you can plan to do nothing and yet are busy all the time. That was our weekend - Hubby decided that he had to work on Jelly Bean's car, before we go down to the Cape at the end of the month. He has to fix the steering rack, but it turns out that the more he removed in order to get to the 'offending' part, the more needed to be removed until he came to a grinding halt yesterday because he needed a particular tool in order to go further. Said,part has now been purchased and he is back in the garage getting dirty. Have I mentioned how blessed I am to have such a talented Hubby?

I did some reading up on Gluten Intolerance and the Mediterranean Diet which led me to wondering why the folks in that part of the world don't seem to have nearly the same amount of 'food issues' that we have. This is something that is very close to my heart as our family has over the years had numerous issues with a variety of foods. Starting with Poppet who was born without a developed Sphincter Valve as well as a severe Dairy Allergy. All those years ago it was very different to nowadays where we have choices. Back then apart from buying a goat, which we seriously considered' there was not much to be done. She grew up on Rooibos tea and Creamora after the Doctors taking 11 months to diagnose what the problem was, from then on she did really well. I digress, back to my 'researching'. It would appear, and this is purely my assumption and in no way a medical opinion, the more wholesome, natural and unprocessed food is, the less reaction there will be to it. To that end I am going to embark on somewhat of a 'mission'. As it is, a member of our family is a Type 1 Diabetic and a couple of us are Insulin Resistant, so already on that front I have learnt to adapt my cooking and baking to more natural methods. I have sourced a local brand of Stone ground wholemeal flour and am going to go back to the beginning, so to speak, and begin with making a natural wholemeal bread and see how it goes from there. A two fold reason being that as we will not be living within the proverbial five minutes from the shops once we move, it will be easier to be more self sufficient (we have already decided to buy a chest freezer).

I am pretty sure we now know just about every house in our price range available to purchase in Betty's Bay, which means tomorrow I will be phoning all the Estate Agents to begin setting up appointments for the end of the month. We have found a place that sells packing boxes, so that is ticked off the list. We are going to do this folks - seaside here we come!!!

Can you believe it ? We have found Gemma and Kiko actually sitting within inches of each other quite happily until all of a sudden Gemma remembers that she is 'supposed' to be mean and growls then runs away. This does not turn out as she expects because Kiko sees that as a game of chase which then becomes Gemma being the chased running all over the house until she remembers that she can jump on counters and Kiko cannot. This little bundle is single minded in her determination to befriend Gemma and makes every single move towards peace. I cannot believe I've had her a month today, she has filled my life so much and added so many new dimensions.

There is so much going on at the moment that the days are literally flying by. We have Big Guy coming over this afternoon as he has an appointment this side of town early tomorrow morning. Here I was planning to make a large dish of Mousaka when he messaged this morning to say that he doesn't want me cooking we are going out for supper. Yaaaay. It is these impromptu events with him, Poppet and Princess that I am going to miss, in the meantime I intend making the absolute most of every opportunity and occasion to be together.

Have an awesome week friends, enjoy your day today and stay safe out there.

No comments: