Monday 16 May 2016

All sorts of excitement.

As I sit to write this I have a curled up kitten keeping warm, a hot cup of tea and all is peaceful. There is all sorts of excitement in the air, namely our road trip next week to go house hunting, only four more sleeps until Bigbear and Babybear fly up for a wedding this weekend, the weather has cooled down (at last) and it is actually cold. I have a pot of Butternut Soup on the stove all is good. Bigbear ran a race yesterday which he felt totally unprepared for and had a fantastic race in a good time. Babybear was supposed to run with him but has been sick so she had to miss out on the excitement. It is always such a proud moment when we see our children / grand-children succeed and do well. Big Guy is also on the rceiving end of this feeling as he decided about two months ago that he was going on a diet and execise programme. He has to date lost 15 kgs, as well as lowered his cholesterol and insulin levels etc. I am so proud of my beautiful family for their perseverance, commitment and dedication to whatever they tackle. I also received a photo yesterday of our two little grandsons in the UK enjoying a summery day by eating ice lollies, what precious little faces, I just wish they were closer.

Our 'general' family has grown by one as Poppet and Princess adopted a little dog. They have been involved with the Beagle Club for quite some time, through friends of theirs, and often go for day outings with all the dogs. Given that Princess is fastidious regarding germs and cleanliness this is the one place where she throws that caution to the wind and gets down and dirty with all the dogs and I do mean dirty. They have wanted a dog for a long time but due to Complex restrictions and space they have been unable to do so. On Friday Poppet phoned me sounding somewhat stunned and said that she had filled in an adoption form............TOTAL cautious silence on my side haha. She had filled in the Adoption form with the Beagle Rescue Society and had thought it would take awhile for an answer, she got a YES almost immediately. So on Saturday they were going to see a 3 year old little girl whose owners have emigrated, is fully trained, good with cats (they have one) and kids etc, thinking it would be a couple of weeks before they got her. Well, the next thing I got was a picture of Princess sitting in the car with their new addition Jill. It was love at first sight for Princess and she and Jill are inseparable. This is such a good thing for her in every way which just delights my soul.

Talking about our furry family members, we had a huge laugh this morning as Kiko dearest had a 'slight mishap'. I was busy in the bedroom and then heard this splash and scrambling. You guessed it, Miss Curiosity was nosing around and fell into the toilet (thank goodness it was clean). She scrambled out just about as quickly as she fell in and with much disgust took off down the passage with a shake of each paw on every step. She was, I think, embarrassed and definitely very cross. After I towelled her off and got her calmed down life went back to as normal as it's been since she arrived. We also had a somewhat encouraging event over the weekend. Once the cold weather sets in Hubby and I become even more popular with the cats due to warm laps and blankets. Gemma was sitting on Hubby's lap and Kiko in her untiring quest to be friends, snuck up behind her and as gentle as a whisper lay down. This lasted quite a while until Gemma woke up for a quick lick and groom, saw the kitten and gave a half hearted hiss and growl but was too warm and cozy and just went back to sleep. Good grief that cat can hold a grudge.

We spent a lot of time time this weekend looking at the various 'short list' houses and discussing what we could change, improve and add on to suit our needs - this is actually happening now after all these years of wishing and dreaming. Boxes are starting to appear, much to Kiko's delight' and spaces are starting to open up as I am trying to pack the unseen / unnecessary things in the meantime. I think it is actually going to work as I pace myself to do a certain amount at a time.

Well my friends, the new week lies ahead like a blank slate, go out there and make you dreams happen. Have a good one and as always be safe.


P.S. I am having trouble attaching Photos to this Blog so will put them up as soon as I can.




No comments: