Monday 31 October 2016

Ready, steady and we're off

Hi friends the week is off to a busy start and I have a vague feeling that it is only going to get busier for us all as this year draws to a close. We had a wonderful weekend although busy as predicted. On Saturday it was all systems go in the morning as BigBear and BabyBear were coming through and I had decided to do a slightly different lunch from the norm, this house and where we live almost seems to dictate 'different'. Hubby dearest suggested a roast and from there I tapped into my Italian heritage and went with a Mediterranean/Italian type of meal. I took a nice piece of beef stuffed it with garlic and other herbs and then a looooong slow roast during the which time I did a Polenta and Roasted tomato bake and a lovely Ciabatta. When the family arrived we added a great big salad, red wine and lunch went exactly as I'd hoped. We sat around the table talking, catching up, eating and just taking our time. Hubby and BigBear moved all the furniture to play some Carpet Bowls that he bought recently, after that everyone just chilled - it was awesome, so Jhb family that is what awaits you in a few weeks.

Yesterday was one of those typical Sunday's where we bathed the dogs and it seems like from here on out I am going to be the one grooming them, poor things. Sasha had so many tiny little seeds stuck on her legs that Jelly Bean and I sat trimming them and as a result this morning off to Hermanus we all trekked and bought a proper pair of clippers and tomorrow I will add 'dog groomer' to my list of accomplishments, I hope haha. After having bought my extra, extra thick cotton yarn on Friday I spent quite a bit of time over the weekend trying different methods such as arm knitting - it was too 'holey', I taught myself how to hand crochet which is great fun but was too 'knobbly' for what I am looking for, so to that end I now have a pair of knitting needles size 20mm, have started my throw and it is just right. That sounds a little like Goldilocks and the Three Bears hehe but I have a very specific image in my head on how I want this throw to look, I will say this - it's quite interesting to knit with broom stick sized needles and requires some dexterity and energy, so watch this space .......
Our kitchen Farmhouse table is in progress and every time I see it I get more excited! At the moment the frame is completed so from now on it will start looking more and more like a table, my husband is without a doubt a very talented chap.

Oh my word, how could I forget? On Friday night we were sitting watching a show on tv when all of a sudden we heard this very loud Woo woo Woooo outside. Hubby thought it was on the TV and I thought there was someone joking around in the street, needless to say after a couple of calls all three of us were standing in the lounge listening, then dived into the bird books. We had a Spotted Eagle Owl sitting on our roof chatting away to who knows who. He could have been looking through the top windows as the pigeons do, but what an amazing experience to hear. Yesterday I heard something which initially sounded like a small cat, both of our cats were accounted for and we have still not figured out what it was, this is just another one of the reasons why we are so in love with Betty's Bay not to mention that our weather is so mild. As the rest of the country melts under a heat wave of temperatures around 38 C our 'hot' days are 23 C and the evenings are cool, I couldn't ask for more and thank God daily for His Grace and Blessings.

Friends my throw is calling me so I am going to bid you farewell for now with prayers that you have a wonderful week and as always please stay safe and keep well.

The start of my throw, hopefully.


A pile of wood waiting for the craftsman



No comments: