Friday 28 October 2016

It's been a busy week.

Greetings folks I trust you are all well and have come through this week victorious. I cannot believe that is already Friday, it feels like Saturday, probably because this week seems to have simply flown past. Actually now that I look back it has been a busy but satisfying week. The grass was mowed by Hubby himself so is looking very smart while I am waging war on the weeds. We started pulling them out of the driveway which is little pebbles and as fast as we pulled they just seem to pop back up until I remembered that a few weeks ago I made up a solution of strong vinegar, boiling water and salt which we used to kill some weeds that had the temerity to try growing on the deck. Happily my natural solution worked like a charm so off to Google to see if it was a legitimate method and I am happy to say it is. Although I did discover that if you are putting it on weeds growing in beds or lawn don't add the salt - it kills everything, which in the driveway's case is just what I want.

I eventually got around to whitewashing the bathroom cupboard and was surprised at how quickly it went and how stunning it looks, we are delighted with the results and have resisted the urge to whitewash everything haha. Yesterday was pretty epic because after much calculation, designing and discussion we went into Somerset West and purchased all the wood for required for our kitchen table. I am so excited I could burst, it is everything I could possibly ask for and is going to be a stunning piece of furniture. Hubby is about to get started on the construction so I will be keeping him supplied with tea and coffee for the next few days. Pics definitely to follow. The Ciabatta Bread eventually got baked and was delicious, one of the things I was testing with it was whether it stays fresh longer than the bread made in our bread machine, which it does so yippee on that.

As I said friends, it's been a busy week and being a sucker for 'punishment' I went out and bought two HUGE balls of pure cotton 'yarn' which I was planning on arm knitting into a throw, hmmmmm it just doesn't seem to look right so I switched direction and will knit the throw on 25 mm thick knitting needles and see how that turns out, apparently it won't take long which is just as well because I am not sure how my hands are going to cope, I might have to type the next Blog with my feet, eeek can you imagine ?

Tomorrow we have our Cape Town family coming for lunch so much preparation taking place and excitement, it is always such a special blessing to spend time with my family and I am counting down the days until we are all together in December even if it is only for one day, the down side of that event is our UK family can't be here but we are hoping for a visit next year with them.

This week our weather has see-sawed from 17 C to 28 C and today back down in the teens with wind and rain, as I look up I can see the fire is in danger for dying so had better get busy resurrecting it quickly. Wishing you an absolutely, wonderful weekend I would just like to thank each one of you for reading this Blog and for your comments and encouragement along the way. Please stay safe and have fun this weekend.



Whitewashed Bathroom Cupboard that Hubby made some years ago



A very unusual rock we came across on 'our' little beach

No comments: