Friday 4 November 2016

A satisfying week


Hi guys how are you all doing on this beautiful Friday? It is such a wonderful feeling to get to Friday and say that this has been a very satisfying week. All my tasks and projects were successfully completed and I'm gearing up for the next bout hehe. We have had the most glorious weather this week with one hot day of 27 C and the rest has been a comfortable 20 - 23 C with the last two days blowing quite a gale, we even had light rain last night which just keeps everything clean and dust free.

As you know my main project this week was to complete my XXX chunky cotton throw and I am happy to report that it is finished and (I think) quite perfect, being pure cotton it isn't too hot although it's fairly heavy. I didn't do it all in one day but took two days (with a rest day in between) and time spent knitting was literally less than a day. There is a photo at the bottom of the Blog. It is very awkward trying to knit with 25 mm needles but I developed a method to deal with them and the weight of the throw and once I got going it was a delight to do. It would appear that the girls in the family all.....want one please Mom hehe. Hubby darling is absolutely gliding through the kitchen table/unit which is quite a piece of furniture, it has a real presence about it and we are not quite sure how we are going to carry it into the house, we might need help, just wait until you see the pics, oh my word it is GORGEOUS!!! This man of mine is super talented and I am so blessed.

I embarked on my 'dog grooming' career this week with some hilarious results. So much for buying the clippers, the blade is too short and the combs get stuck in Sasha's fur, so short of shaving the poor dog completely I resorted to hairdresser style. HAHA. Jelly Bean and I sat on the floor with her and she held Sasha while I snipped away, the result was a huge pile of fur, itchy noses, sore hand (from the scissors) and a Maltese poodle who is sporting the latest style in Doggy-Dom, a somewhat shaggy, fluffy look. She has been quite happy to go outside so can't be too embarrassed to be seen and all in all seems quite happy, my next attempt will either be a better job in the same style or buy the right sized blade for the clippers which costs twice what the clippers cost ???? I'm sure second time around will be easier and look better. Max has been very careful to keep his distance from me as I want to cut his fringe, thankfully his coat doesn't get matted so he is off the hook for now so to speak.

Oh yes and I managed to bake cheese muffins (all gone), rusks (they are not finished) ciabatta bread twice (gone) and yesterday I baked some Biscotti thinking it should keep us going for while, I opened the tin just now and there are only about ten left, good grief - I simply cannot keep up and have decided that today I am on a cooking strike :D. In amongst all this busyness I managed to find an hour on Wednesday afternoon when precious Hubby put my Hammock chair up on the deck and I took a book, a cup of coffee and my throw and lazed out there looking at the sea more than I was reading, how to relax in a heartbeat.

Tomorrow morning we are off to Tygervalley to watch BigBear and BabyBear take part in a Cross Fit competition which I am very excited about, it's been awhile since I've sat on the sidelines to watch one of my kids in action, I have promised that I will not embarrass them so that means hands behind my back and lips firmly sealed hmmmmmmmm I wonder ? This morning on Poppets behalf I priced some dress fabric with a view to making her a couple of dresses while she's here in December, I could not have been more shocked. The pattern she wants is a simple little dress from one of South Africa's biggest clothing stores which cost R300, the similar material I priced this morning was R22. per metre - there is just NO justification for that kind of mark up, so guess what we will be doing soon. ...... Yep lots of sewing.

Friends I have rambled on long enough here and am going to wish you a fantastic weekend, I hope you get to put your feet up and relax at some point and enjoy whatever it is you have planned. As always and until next time please be safe.

My gorgeous throw folded for show
C

Kiko posing on the deck

No comments: