Monday 15 October 2018

A rough week.

Good morning folks, I trust everyone is well and rearing to go this week.  So much happens in the space of seven days that sometimes it is hard to keep up, in my family anyway.  Last week is not one I would like to redo but definitely one I will never forget.  After nine months of really trying everything in our power to help little Cece I had to make the heartbreaking decision to let her go.  It was a decision that I wrestled with for a long time and I would have kept going if it had been in her best interests, but after speaking to the family, friends and someone I trust in the animal rescue business I had to put my feelings aside and do what was best for her.  Despite everything we tried she had definitely regressed over the months and was totally dependent on me for pretty much everything, to 'know' when she needed the toilet, or to drink water, if she was walking around she would progressively get more and more frantic, going around in ever tightening circles, growling and hissing until I picked her up which would always cause her to fight and scratch in total panic.  Once she had a few minutes to reorientate she would fall asleep in seconds on my chest, if I dared shift position she would growl, and when put down onto her bed nine times out of ten she would instantly revert back to panic mode and need to be settled again.  She never used the litter box and as the Animal Rescue friend said, that alone would be stressful and undignified for her as cleanliness in inherent in all cats.  Having said ALL that she brought me immense comfort and love especially when she was sleeping on me, physically as well as emotionally.  Anyway I called our vet and after a chat she said she had been waiting for me to make the final decision, we took her in and I held her the whole time letting her know how precious and loved she was, we then brought her home and have buried her in our garden where we will plant a beautiful evergreen bush with her as a remembrance. Needless to say many tears have and are being shed, I feel quite empty at the moment.  Out of all the other animals the only one who seemed to notice was Jasper who spent three days close to me before reverting to his normal independant behavior.  I have said though, that I would in time take in another special needs baby within certain parameters, as I truly believe they deserve as much of a chance in life as anyone else.  When I say certain parameters I mean one that does not have a progressive disease (my heart has had enough heartbreak) or needs continuous medication as that is extremely expensive.

The family are all well and I think, really counting down days to the end of the year.  Poppet and Princess are well, with Princess having made the 1st team for Hockey, congratulations my angel we are so proud of you.  Poppet's boyfriend arrived from the UK for a ten day visit and they are having a wonderful time all together.  BabyBear is settling in up in Johannesburg, BigBear flew up on Friday as they had a wedding two hours out of JHB and flew back last night.  BigGuy is pushing through.  Miss Muffets family are all doing well with the boys being really busy at school and with their sports.
Jelly Bean and I both got the flu last week right after we took Cece to the vet, and my precious Hubby is really busy with watches coming in for repairs.  We had a good giggle this morning when someone phoned and asked "Hi is that W the watch repair man in Bettys Bay?"  Hehehe well done my darling I am so proud of you.

Folks not the 'newsiest' or happiest Blog of my life but, that was my life last week.  This week we are planning a trip through to Cape Town to get some supplies and also have lunch with BigBear, and hopefully I will actually accomplish some things around the house :D.  To one of my dear friends whose daughter survived a horrific car accident with a very badly broken arm, we are praying for her full and speedy recovery.  The reason I mentioned this is because I am always encouraging you to stay safe and aware, I know that there is never a single day that goes by that I don't pray for my family for their safety and protection and I am convinced that the only reason her daughter is alive is because of the prayers of her Mom and Dad.  Please folks, tomorrow has absolutely no guarantee, pray for your family's health and safety, pray for their protection and obviously yours and, never miss the opportunity to tell those you love how precious they are and how much you love them.

From my family to yours have a wonderful week, love and appreciate each other and yes, please stay safe and aware of your surroundings.  I truly appreciate each and everyone who read this Blog, for all your encouragement and comments, it all means the world to me.  Ciao ciao for now.

R.I.P. My precious little Cece

No comments: