Monday 27 August 2018

Brrrrrrrrrrr it is cold

Good morning everyone, I trust you are all well on this cold and windy Monday?  Shoooo we have had some really cold weather, quite definitely the coldest since we have lived here.  Saturday all day the Cape was battered with gale force winds and then late in the afternoon the rain arrived with a passion.  We woke up yesterday morning to mounds of hail in the garden which is almost unheard of down here and positively Arctic air, and the situation has remained pretty much unchanged.  The wind is not gale force but is very strong and it is wet and cold, says she with a big grin.

I need to rectify something I wrote last week when I said I made a rye bread.   Ahemmmm, when I read the recipe on the flour packet on the Saturday I saw it had vinegar in it, when I made the bread last Sunday I mentioned to Hubby that it was weird I didn't add vinegar #doublefacepalm.  Well ........... Turns out I had two packets of stoneground flour one white bread and one rye, I made the white bread recipe.  Some will call this old age I choose to call it experimentation LOLOL.  I then made the rye bread during the week which was not nearly as good.  Yesterday I decided to redo the white bread recipe as it was really delicious and didn't hurt any tummy's, after very clearly looking to make sure I had the right flour I set to work and what came out can only be described as a monster hahaha.  The loaf came out perfectly, the best texture and crumb I've ever achieved, but, the loaf was absolutely enormous, I took a picture of the loaf next to a dinner plate and it dwarfed the plate, see pic below.  Next time I believe I will split the dough and make two loaves hehehe.

Last week was indeed busy as I guessed it would be, we had a trip through to  Hermanus and even went down to the Harbour in the hopes of seeing some of the whales, no such luck sadly.  Then on Thursday we had a trip into Somerset West, caught up on some shopping and then met with BigBear and BabyBear for a birthday celebration dinner (the three of us all have birthdays within one week).  We went to a little bistro which turned out to be delightful, the service was somewhat slow but the food was delicious and there was a lovely 'no rush' atmosphere and we ended up having a truly lovely evening.  Friday dawned and I turned yet another year older, hmmmmm, but I was so blessed by my family and friends that it was a very special day - we did not move from the house and had the fire going, Hubby made dinner and it was wonderful.

The weekend we hunkered down, tied down the house, kept the fire going and kept our noses inside. I worked on my clay projects, my darling Hubby worked on more watches and is doing so well with them. So far he has fixed and returned about eight watches and I am so proud of him.

The family are all doing well with Poppet busy with Visa applications and preparations for her trip to Sydney, while apparently Princess has nine projects to do for school. Big Guy is tired but  well, they have been doing upgrades and renovations at his business. Jelly Bean has been lost in the world of books whilst BabyBear celebrated her birthday yesterday and that leaves BigBear with his coming up on Thursday.  Miss Muffet and her family had an awesome week in Portugal, from all the pics we've seen, and are now back home and getting back into the swing of domesticity.

On the 'zoo'  front all is well.  Pupster only has another week and a half with us as his Mom  and  Dad will be home next week.  We are so looking forward to seeing them and having them back in Betty's Bay.  This morning I have sent off another video of #cece_the_blind_kitten to our vet, as I am hoping to get her onto a medication that will deal more effectively with her seizures and melt downs, as I type this she is currently wrapped up like a little Purrrito and lying on my lap.  Being wrapped up tight is very comforting for her and within seconds she falls asleep which equals great peace in the house hehe.

This morning I have an appointment with the dreaded dentist for a broken tooth, let me say our dentist is fantastic but, I have a 'thing' about dentists especially when it concerns me.  I have had very few good experiences with dentists ughh.
Folks having said that, I am going to bid you farewell for the week and look forward to giving you new updates next Monday.  I wish you all a wonderful week and want to encourage you to make the most of the opportunities that come your way, take time out to smell the roses and just appreciate your surroundings.

Monster bread - stoneground flour.


The Cece Purrrito.




No comments: