Monday 13 August 2018

Bright and early, happy Monday everyone.

Happy Monday friends, for those in South Africa I hope you are all well after the long weekend and back home safely if you were traveling.  I have to be honest since we have retired I need to keep myself updated on things like Public Holidays #facepalm, because of the family I do know when they are on the calendar but the most telling factor is the influx of visitors into our Village.  On Friday I totally did not factor into my plans that all the visitors to the area would be in the one and only Spar in Kleinmond, oh my goodness what a nightmare.  If  one could manage to walk down an aisle without being pushed generally the shelves were empty, then to top it off as I was negotiating the coffee/tea aisle a father with two tall teenagers were taking up the entire space, as I said excuse me the son swung around with his arm gesturing to something behind us and missed back handing me in the face by millimeters.  Great fun ..... NOT!  Needless to say we all three came home and very joyfully closed the gates, retiring into our safe, sane haven hahaha.

Last week was just a normal week with Hubby fixing watches really quickly and enjoying himself immensely, I did not begin on my clay projects for a number of reasons the biggest of those being I am looking for little alphabetical stamps, so I busied myself with the afgan squares and the general busyness that #Cece-the-blind-kitten seems to generate.  Poppet went for a job interview a few weeks ago, after being with her company for the last 12 years and on Thursday heard that she got the job, which should be WAY less stress on her.  It also means that she will have to fly to Sydney, Australia for a week before starting which means I will be flying up to Johannesburg during that time to be with Princess.  This change is long overdue and we are praying that it is going to be a job that she can enjoy without, as I mentioned the degree of stress she currently has to deal with.  Congratulations Poppet you so deserve this new season.  Big Guy went down to Durban for the weekend and is now safely home and dealing with the flu.  Miss Muffet and her family flew to Portugal on Saturday for a well deserved holiday and a whole new adventure.  For the rest we hunkered down in the cold and enjoyed the weekend locally.

Weather wise it has been lovely,  cool days with little wind and very cold nights, the mountains are covered in cloud and mist, all grey and dark, the waterfalls are flowing down and the sea keeps changing colour from inky blue to silver.  Yesterday the rain arrived and with it more cold, said with a very big grin.  On Saturday while my Hubby was busy with the watches I decided to make a big pot of  Chicken Breyani, which then evolved into making a big pot of Lentil Curry as well.  I never cook in bulk to freeze but it is sacrilege to make just one small pot of  Breyani so bulk cooking it was.  We have a nice stash of Breyani and Lentil Curry in the freezer for those days when cooking requires more energy than I have, hehe.

Pupster's mom and dad have booked their flights home as many things took place while they were in Italy happily bringing them back home, he doesn't realize it yet but they will be home on the 5th September.  I know for a fact that they are over the moon with excitement at coming home and seeing their beloved fur baby, although guys, he has grown and is not quite so little anymore.  He is also extremely fast and runs around the outside of the house at a speed that would come close to rivaling a cheetah, adding to his path Max and Sasha, collectively they have worn down a trail around the house hahaha.

Folks that is my news for the week, I wish you all a wonderful week ahead.  In dealing with all the people you come across on a daily basis try and be the one person who makes a difference.  Just because someone is smiling does not mean they are well and happy, we have no idea of the battles people are fighting on a daily basis, what is going on in their private lives. Your kindness and a genuine smile could make all the difference to that one individual  who is on the edge.  Stay safe out there and until next week Ciao Ciao.

Cece wishing you all a happy week.




No comments: