Monday 6 August 2018

New ventures and a brand new week.

Good morning all on this cold, very windy Monday morning, I trust everyone is well and ready for the new week.  It seems as if time flies past and one week just evaporates into the next so quickly.

Well, it was a 'normal' week for us filled mostly with all the normal domestic events which in our house  are always changing haha.  One of the things I have learnt to do since living here is not to have too much of a 'precious' routine especially in terms of doing the laundry.  It is a case of seeing what the weather is planning and then gauging the wind.  Sometimes like on Friday, I absolutely had to wash linen because I knew what was coming over the weekend, this resulted in more than one trip out to the line to rescue the sheet / duvet cover from flying off into the neighbouring plots.  It always gives me a good giggle when I see how the dogs and even Gemma have learnt where the best protected sunny areas are depending on which way the wind is blowing.

The family are all well and very busy, Hubby dearest is pursuing a new hobby, Horology - which in everyday English is watch repairs, so far between us and BigBear and BabyBear he has about ten watches lined up and waiting, whilst he does more and more research and preparation.  I bought a few watches many years ago that range from Art Deco to Vintage with the hopes of fixing them and reselling, I'm not bothered about selling them now but it would be awesome to see them working, so this is definitely a space to keep watching.  I am still busy being a 'Feline Psychologist' and am hesitatingly going to say we might be making a little progress with #Cece_the_blind_kitten.  She went through a period where she would go up to four days without peeing which was extremely worrying.  The vet had her on one medication as well as Valerian drops, I only gave her max two drops a day.  I put her onto wet cat food exclusively which did not work and when the vet got back to me last week she immediately realised what the problem was, apparently an extremely rare side effect of the Valerian Drops is to tighten/ or shut off the bladder walls  #facepalm.  So medication plus one drop at night and this little mite (she only weighs 2kg) is happily using the puppy pads and that side of things is now back to normal thank the Lord, as well as the fact she is obviously more comfortable now.  I then decided to give here a minute amount of a natural medication which I use and voila - it would seem we have a happier, more relaxed Cece.  She will never be normal but giving her a better quality of life is what it is all about as well as our peace of mind and lack of blood loss hahaha.  I am still having great fun with my Afgan squares which are mounting up, and am about to attempt some modelling clay projects - wish me luck :)

Yesterday we met up with BigBear and BabyBear for lunch at Eikendal Winery which was a lovely afternoon and so good to catch up on all news and happenings, a wonderful way to start off a new week.  When we arrived home we were shocked to find out that the Mall, where Jelly Bean used to work, had suffered a collapsed roof - there was one person injured and hospitalised and a few others with minor injuries and the Mall completely evacuated, I am SO glad she is no longer working there.

Folks here's to a wonderful week ahead, filled with new and exciting ventures and happenings, please always stay safe and be aware of your surroundings.

Our Beautiful Betty's Bay.

P.S.  This was ready to upload at 10 am but we are in the middle of a power outage 🤔 so from my phone it is uploaded.

No comments: