Monday 2 July 2018

It is cccold here, fire in burning

Good morning friends and family from a bitterly cold Betty's Bay, I hope today's Blog finds you all well.  Gosh we are truly having winter here,  BigBear and BabyBear arrived in Saturday for the weekend and once again were absolutely astonished at the strength of the winds we have here.  Needless to say we stayed indoors, no beach visits right now haha, had copious cups of tea and coffee in front of the fire.  We were treated royally as BigBear had decided to make supper and oh my word it was delicious. He made thick steaks with roasted vegetables which we all devoured, I had not eaten red meat for more than a year and very seldom will have a little bit of chicken - not out of choice but I found that meat definitely makes me feel worse,  dare I say I paid the price (happily) yesterday because it was truly delicious.  Shame, they slept in the caravan even though I had suggested they sleep in the lounge, but 4 am found them battening down the hatches, locking the van and trailing inside.  I woke up to find them curled up on the sofas with an assortment of blankets, I felt so bad for them.  The wind and rain were just to strong, this morning we measured 32 mm in our rain gauge and it is still raining and there is snow on the mountains everywhere.  Thankfully weather wise, this means that the dams are filling up nicely, although water restrictions are still firmly in place until they reach at least 80% capacity.

As far as the week was concerned it passed in a blur of exhaustion and anxiety.  The Vet put #cece_the_blind_kitten onto an Anti Seizure medication which for some reason had the exact opposite affect on her.  As the level of the drug accumulated in her system she began seizing almost constantly, trembling etc.  It was awful and added to that not one night did I manage to get her to sleep until after 2am, which resulted in both of us being beyond exhausted, my pain levels were through the roof with the Fibromyalgia, and energy levels were non existent.  Eventually on Thursday evening I decided to stop all the medication and let it wear off.  Needless to say all this was really disturbing and stressful, after only getting to sleep after 3 am yesterday I decided that rescue remedy was a last desperate resort and ........ peace, sort of, definitely more than we have had for weeks. After speaking to the Vet this morning she has suggested I use the Valerian drops and see how that goes, my precious little bundle is now all wrapped up in her blanket and sleeping on my chest as I type.

Jelly Bean  finished work on Friday and we will be sorting out her training course this week, which I am praying is going to be a good one on every level.  On that note I am going to end off for today, finish my hot cup of tea and try and get warm hehe.  Have a great week folks, stay warm and stay safe out there please, if you are on the roads take extra care with all the snow and ice.

 A peaceful Cece.

No comments: