Monday 16 July 2018

Snug and warm as the cold wind blows

Hi there folks, as you can see by the hour, I've had a busy morning hence this being a little later than usual.  So much for the touch of summer we had last week, since then it has just been full on winter haha, we have made a fire every single day and as you can imagine I am just relishing this weather.
I even decided to dust off my dusty crochet skills, I started an afgan throw about 18 months ago which has been one of those projects that I just could not get into, odd as my favourite hobby is knitting.  Anyway I undid the 'huge' total of four squares that I had completed and have already finished three new ones using a different crochet stitch on each square - a total of four colours and four different stitches, we will see how this works out LOL.

We had a very quiet week, truly enjoying our retirement at the moment, we managed to complete a number of small projects, one of which was my darling Hubby made me a long promised easel.  We have had a super time watching the Tour de France as well as all the other sport going on at the moment.  As I am sitting typing, I have Cece on my lap (making typing just a tad awkward),  she had a really good week on the whole with Friday, Saturday and yesterday being very grumpy and unhappy, today she seems very needy.  I suppose the fact that generally she is having more good days than bad is something positive to hold onto.  As for the rest of the 'zoo' everyone is well and hunkered down in warm places as it is bitterly cold here.  For some reason the dogs have worked really hard at learning how to run right out of their jackets, last week Sasha was running around with hers around her hips like a long skirt and  this morning Max was running around with both front legs in one armhole while the other armhole was pointed towards the sky like a big eye #facepalm.

I have had time to cook some good meals but have to ask,  how many of you ladies run out of ideas for meals, even though you have a huge repertoire and/or just get fed up with cooking ?  Someone needs to create a robot whose main purpose is to clean and cook.  You just have the ingredients on hand and it will produce a quality meal every day #ohonecandream.

Friends as I said it has been quiet although not necessarily peaceful, hmmm I wonder who is responsible for that ???    My gorgeous Hubby has put the kettle on and the fire is crackling away, while the wind is whistling and that means I am going to leave you with this thought - there is so much drama, sadness and violence wherever one looks, BUT, that means that we have a million opportunities to step up and help others.  Whatever form that  help takes it is a way of spreading peace, kindness and caring to the world around us, good can and will overcome evil. Stay safe out there friends ciao ciao

We have had enormous sea swells and waves.




No comments: