Monday 9 July 2018

A touch of summer !

Good morning all, I trust everyone is well.  I had quite a giggle when I opened up and saw the title of last week's Blog, because today completely opposite, it is hot, with a hot berg wind and we have all the doors open and sleeveless shirts on, oh the delights of living here :).

We had a very nice week where we did as little driving as possible hehe, and managed to get quite a few catch up chores done around the house.  I am delighted to say that #cece_the_blind_kitten seems to be doing well on the 'cocktail' that I am using.  I give her the prescribed calming meds twice a day and then just before bedtime she has one of the Valerian Drops, she has been such a happy little girl.  She will still get frustrated and about once a day have a mini meltdown but nothing near the scale we were seeing.  For the last three days the weather has been idyllic and I actually let her and Jasper out of the house, she just roamed around on the deck rotating her head every time she heard a bird chirp and just generally loved being out there, although not too fond of the sun.  Jasper on the other hand is not quite sure, he goes out but at the first sign of a noise or movement becomes a long Munchkin cat as he goes low and runs inside hehehehe, my big, fluffy braveheart.  We been taking advantage of the mild sun and lack of wind to sit out on the deck, which is rare down here in Betty's Bay.

On Saturday we found ourselves back on the beautiful coast road as I had a Doctors appointment in Stellenbosch and Jelly Bean met up for coffee with a friend from work.  This is interesting - about 16 months ago I stopped eating meat, mainly because I never felt well after eating it and always had a sore stomach.  Well, when I see this doctor once a year he runs a total bevy of blood tests (as in about 24) and for the first time in over ten years nearly every test came back either as normal or with great improvement.  I try and handle the Fibromyalgia as naturally as possible by using Vitamin and Mineral supplements (as determined by the blood tests) and only use two actual medications one being pain killers.  As a rule, despite how huge the doses are my Vitamin B, Vitamin D and Magnesium are always extremely low.  At the moment only Magnesium level is too low out of those. My inflammation levels have dropped, acidity is better and so the rest follow suit.  His exact words when I told him about eating mainly vegetarian (I occasionally have chicken and love fish) were "Well whatever you are doing, don't stop because it is working.  I mentioned that the only meat I sometimes 'crave' is lamb/mutton and he told me it is because that is very high in Magnesium.  Who knew?  I wish I could say that all this means zero Fibro, it doesn't but, it does mean that overall I am healthier than at any time in more than a decade and at some level I am managing the symptoms better.  God is so amazing, He gives us wisdom and if we take the time to actually listen to our bodies we can correct a number of issues.

As some of you may remember it is my favourite time of year in terms of sporting events as the Tour de France has started and this year I get to watch with my precious Hubby.  I am hoping that I can catch up on some knitting  as my hands have been too sore to do any for a long time.

Folks, the rest of the family are all well and flourishing, all the grand children are on holiday so less stress for Moms, and generally things are peaceful and happy.  I am going to end off now as Hubby dearest has just made us tea, he makes THE best tea, and we are going to sit and enjoy it together whilst listening to the waves and all the birds and insects.  Have a wonderful week, please stay aware and always be safe, Ciao Ciao.

My gorgeous Fur babies.
Gemma,

Jasper

Cece_the_blind_kitten




No comments: