Monday 23 July 2018

Using binoculars to try and find the cooler weather haha

Good morning folk I hope this finds everyone well and ready for the new week.  For the last four or five days we have been back in summer mode and are eagerly watching the horizon for signs of the next cold front, even the wind has disappeared which is strange for Betty's Bay.  Retirement is proving to be very relaxing with an occasional trip into our nearest little town for essentials and of course the antics of our menagerie keep us in stitches.

Last week Jasper, not known for his bravery or for being very elegant has made a few forays into the garden, but at the first sound or movement he high tails it back into the house.  The other day as I was walking past he came blasting through the window but being the large fluffy fellow he is he cannot make it through the security bars with ease, so he jumped through and kicked his back leg against the open window to give himself the push he needed.  He then becomes a Munchkin and drops to the ground streaking to the closest safe space hahaha.    Cece has good and bad days and I just try to ride the waves and minimise the impact on the family, generally within minutes of me holding her she relaxes completely and goes to sleep.  We did notice something this week, we changed the cats food and the 'new' one was very small and flat.  She has a habit when she drinks of throwing her head back to get the water down, this always just seemed to be one of her quirks but, as I discovered this week she needs to do that in order to actually get the water and food down, she also could not eat the new food as she uses her teeth to pick up food and not her tongue, as a result she actually could not pick up the small food.  My precious little girl reslly has some major issues.  As for our old lady Gemma, she just growls  to the others and purrs to us as she makes her way through the crowd.  When it comes to the dogs, well now that is where the fun starts.  The other day we heard a bit of a commotion on the deck and on inspection found Pupster trying to pull Max and Sasha's bed out of their igloo kennel ......... with them still in bed, he was fairly successful in overriding their protests and was busy pulling the stuffing out of said bed with great glee.   He is such an exuberant, irrepressible fellow who bounds through life with gusto.

Apart from half the family having had the flu the rest of us are doing well.  Our grandsons are on their summer holiday, with the oldest having his birthday today.  Happy Birthday little man, Princess is back at school, Big Guy is moving home this weekend which is something he is not looking forward to, and BigBear completed his second half marathon in two weeks yesterday. I have managed to make enormous progress on my Afgan squares and am thoroughly enjoying crocheting again and then just for variety yesterday I started with a huge Paint by Numbers that Hubby bought me years ago.  It has always been a daunting endeavour in my mind because of the MANY tiny little areas but now that my eyes work properly I have decided to dive in and see what happens.   Speaking of my darling Hubby he has been asked by one of the local chaps to service his bakkie and also to do some work on the engine of a car restoration, which I expect will keep him busy for a little while.  One of the amazing things about living in a Village such as ours is that there is a Community who are constantly asking for help or offering services, and the range of skills is endless.  Friday shortly after my precious Hubby had left to go into town Jelly Bean and I were l ready to go into Kleinmond when somehow we found ourselves locked out of the house.  Jelly Bean closed the security gate thinking the keys were in the door........ They were not, instead they were on the tea station inside.  Hmmmm. Eventually managing to get into the garage I took a long piece of bamboo we have and one of Hubby's golf clubs (he knows hehe) I shoved the club handle down into the bamboo and used that to reach the keys which by then Jelly Bean had managed to knock off the shelf with the mop handle and by standing on the windowsill.  There we were the two of us on our knees working through the security gate and successfully might I add, retrieved the keys and were able to lock up and be on our way.  Great fun.

Folks, as I said a very normal week for us and looking forward to this coming week and seeing what it holds.  As I am feeling pretty awful today it's going to be an extremely quiet day for me.  I wish you one and all a fantastic week ahead, look out for the little blessings in life and try not to zoom in on the setbacks.  Please stay safe out there and spread love and kindness.

A view that we never tire of

My huge fluffy braveheart


No comments: