Monday 4 June 2018

Almost halfway through the year

Good morning all, gee the weeks seem to be whizzing by, it is hard to believe we are almost half way through the year.  Well, we survived a very interesting week weather wise, we have had many strong winds since moving here but last week definitely gets the gold star for the heaviest winds.  It was measured at times to be 120 km ph which I can assure you is pretty windy, add to that driving rain and it makes for quite a noisy time haha.  At one point, I think it was Wednesday evening, I actually had a migraine from the constant noise - we have a flat galvanised roof = VERY noisy, but happily the rain fell in the catchment areas as well and although it has not reversed the drought the dam levels are up slightly and this is just the beginning of winter.

Apart from weather excitement Jelly Bean has resigned her job and is going to do a course on teaching English after which she will be able to teach English to students online around the world and possibly even travel to other countries to teach.  It was a big decision for her but one that she made with complete peace in her heart, so just one last month of travelling back and forth for us all and then possibly a bit more exploring to get on with hehe.  My immensely clever Hubby has just refashioned  and reconstructed the cat's condo, not a moment too soon as Jasper has begun climbing up onto the top of the kitchen cupboards, one precious blue glass bottle has already met with a shattering end.  In the 'zoo' all is going well although always busy, especially during the storms haha.  Cece is a far more settled little girl on her 'happy pills' with much fewer meltdowns.  She is the quietest little thing and has never learnt to meow so when she wants to sit on my lap, she will just come and sit next to the chair until I see her and pick her up (she doesn't jump/climb on and off the furniture).  She also follows me around the house like a shadow, which only gets a bit tricky when I am cooking because she sits next to my feet and I am then always tripping over her  We managed to remove her stitches which were supposed to dissolve after 6 weeks, obviously they did not and so Hubby and I undertook the delicate 'surgery' with great success, the other reason that we removed them is because the Vets are a bit scared of her haha.  Currently as I type this Jasper is in the bedroom on a 'time out', staring at me through the glass door, he is there because when he is annoyed with me he will plan an attack,  take a bite and then run away and I am tired of looking like I went ten rounds with a wild tiger.

Only  four more sleeps and Jelly Bean and I leave my Hubby  #sadface with the zoo and fly up to Johannesburg to visit my sister-in-law, Big Guy, Poppet and Princess for the weekend.......... So excited to see the family I can't wait.

Friends that is about it for today except to encourage you to share some love and kindness throughout the week to those you come in contact with.  Never, never underestimate the power of a smile, a hug or an encouraging word, there are so many people fighting almighty personal battles that we will never know about and you could be the catalyst that gives them hope and encouragement.  Have a beautiful week and as always stay safe.

Gemma posing to say hi to everyone, such a madam

No comments: