Monday 18 June 2018

How to get through tough times

Good morning friends, I trust everyone had a good weekend.  Last week is history and this week is just waiting to be written.  As for us last week was fairly quiet being just the normal routine, particularly for me as I find myself in a flare of note and have just been trying to minimise the pain levels and recover.  Added to this for some reason, Cece's medication does not seem to be working as well as it did at the beginning, which means she is having more 'meltdowns ' and her circling has definitely become worse, to the point that when she stops her little head is still going.  I am currently waiting for our Vet to call back so that we can discuss the way forward.   As for the rest of the menagerie all our four footed family are well and enjoying life.

Jelly Bean has only two weeks left at work (and travelling), Big Guy is doing well, Poppet and Princess had a tough week between exams and cars breaking down, thankfully said car is now repaired, at great cost, and after today Princess has only one exam left.  Her exams have stretched out over five weeks so she is definitely ready for her mid year break.  The BigBear family are well, always busy and as far as I recall are getting ready for a trip to Knysna to do a Forest Run which should be very exciting.  Our Muffet family in the UK were actually in Natal for the last week to celebrate a family member's landmark birthday and are now safely back home.

My precious Hubby spent quite some time fixing our generator last week as all of a sudden the entire country found itself back in the throws of Loadshedding with electricity.  Oh Joy .... Not !!!!  Somehow at the exact same time our entire area had power outages due to some breakdown on the system, normally this is not a problem as we have the solar system on the roof and the generator.  Last week however, was very stormy, windy and lots of rain so not much sun to heat the water and then the generator being out of action, it wasn't too serious and we coped well.  The one thing about living here is that I have learnt to be WAY more  flexible with my routine and now do chores / washing etc as and when the weather and my energy levels are amenable.  At the moment with Cece
being extra 'needy' I do sometimes find myself stuck with her on my lap as that is about the only
place she relaxes and is peaceful.  I have even considered making a sling to carry her around in thereby get more done hahaha.

Friends, as I said, it was a quiet week which I am certainly not complaining about, it has given me time to breathe and I think I am going to try my hand at rock painting ...... an odd thing I agree, but due to the abundance of amazing rocks that are made smooth by the sea I think it's worth seeing how it goes.  Watch out Poppet, rocks for birthdays HAHAHA.  I am also slowly getting back into baking our own bread so, there is still a lot happening.

It seems as if almost everyone I speak to is going through extremely difficult times whether it be health, financial, relationship, work etc, and so many people say that they don't know how I cope with Fibromyalgia ........ There is only one reason that I can stay positive  and that is first of all accepting Jesus Christ as my Saviour and having a relationship with Him.  After 25 + years in the Ministry and 11 years of  widowhood and raising four children I learnt that there is only ONE person I can rely on 100% of the time and that is God.  He is my provider, enabler, healer, protector...... everything.  When I did not know where the next meal was coming from He never let us down.  When faced with having to move home in five days, He provided us with a home.  I did learn that God's timeline and mine are nowhere close but somehow He kept us going and looked after.  The more you have to depend on God and not on your own strength the more you will see His miracle working power, the more you spend time learning what His Word says the more your faith will grow because it grows a confidence in His ability to sort out the situation, irrespective of what it is.  God is not some magic potion to try, He is wanting a relationship with each of us individually and that becomes a lifestyle. So, friends if you are facing tough times and feel like you are at the end of your rope, there is One who will always be there for you and will never let you down,  I am going to list a few scriptures below for those of you who may need somewhere to start.

On that note I am going to say Ciao Ciao for now and wish you, one and all a fabulous week. Go out

make memories and have fun.  Thank you for your continued support of this Blog and please stay safe out there.

Taken on the drive into work last week.  The sun only rises at 7.50 am here at the moment.


  • Some Scripture references :
  • JOHN 3 v 16 .. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that    whosoever  Believeth in Him, will not perish but will have eternal life.
  • ROMANS 10 v 9, 10 .. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
  • JOSHUA 1 v 9 ..Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and very courageous. Do not be dismayed,  for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
  • PSALM 37 v 25.. I once was young and now am old , yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken  or their children begging for bread.
  • 1 PETER 2 v 24 . "Who His own self bare our sins in His body on the tree, that we being dead to  sin dhould live unto righteousness, by Whose stripes you were healed.

There are many more but go and read these as a start .





No comments: