Monday 28 May 2018

Gale force winds and heavy rains, yaaaaay

Brrr,  good afternoon all from a very wet, windy and cold Betty's Bay.  Winter has definitely arrived bringing with it the blessed rain and gale force winds ....... Very happy camper!  Well it was a fairly quiet week as Jelly Bean took some time off work and we all got to relax, the 'zoo' is thriving with all the dogs wearing their jackets and the cats have become real 'lounge lizards', jumping onto the first lap that is available.  Cece somehow does not seem to generate much warmth and is usually found with ice cold paws and even shivers at times, I have been wracking my brains on how to make her a snug coat as the doggie jackets are too big and loose, I am leaning towards using a sock.  There has been such an improvement in her demeanour since she has been taking her 'happy' pills and after speaking to the Vet this morning, she now has a full month's worth.  We had a laugh after the call to the Vet, she was delighted that there is already a change as apparently it takes up to 6 weeks to see the full effect and has asked me to try and record Cece during one of her 'meltdowns' BUT was very quick to tell me that I must please NOT bring her in to the surgery unless it is something urgent - I think they are all a little scared of my little bundle hahahaha.

We had fun and games yesterday which is worth sharing, when I drove Jelly Bean to work in the afternoon about one kilometre from the house, I had no gears on the car.  I finally managed to get second gear and limped home to fetch a different vehicle, my precious Hubby spent most of the afternoon working on said gear linkage until he had it 'fixed'.  My car tends to do the same thing where the 'whatever' jumps off and it is usually just a case of popping it back on, not so with the little car even though they are the same make.  Jelly Beans car is far more difficult to access the linkage and involved a lot of removing things etc, anyway, fixed it was and off he tootled at 7pm to fetch her, I got a call at 7.30 the he was stranded on the side of the road and it was too dark to see and no tools either. Not a problem, I battened down the hatches here and set off looking for the little blue car and a frustrated Hubby.  When I got to him he attached the tow rope and asked if I had ever towed before, my answer was no so he just told me to keep the speed under 40kmph and to try and avoid jerking.  WELL ....... there is a saying in the caravan fraternity that if you want to keep your marriage peaceful never be the one directing a reversing caravan ........... I disagree.  If you are Husband and Wife NEVER have one tow the other.  After a couple of hair-raising  kilometers up and down hills, left and right around sharp bends in the dark, I eventually pulled into a stop off zone, we had a very 'energetic' conversation, changed the speed limit to 25 and set off again in a good rhythm and without further trauma it took ages,  meanwhile messages were going back and forth to Jelly Bean explaining why we were late.  Eventually we left the car at a good friend's house in the Strand, collected our daughter and made our way home tired and hungry.  Today my very clever and precious man is busy fixing the dear little blue bug and will take it for a test before coming home.  This story reminds me of the scripture which was read at our wedding.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;[a]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails; but

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;[a]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails; but

1 Corinthians 13:4- 8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;[a]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.Love never fails; ......

That friends is one of the greatest keys to any successful interaction with other people, especially family, and on that positive note I am going to say Ciao Ciao, attend to my dying fire and make dinner.  I wish you all a wonderful week and please stay safe.

Cece snuggled down trying to get warm




No comments: