Monday 11 June 2018

Busy, busy, busy

Good afternoon everyone from a very peaceful Bettys Bay after a super busy weekend.  Gee whiz my head is still kind of spinning as I try and come down to earth.  After a super busy week, on Friday morning early, Jelly Bean and I left for Johannesburg for a family visit.  My dearest Hubby dropped up off at the airport before 8 a.m. and there we sat as apparently the plane had iced over during the night in Jhb and had to be de-iced before leaving, which resulted in an hours delay which I am guessing had a knock on affect throughout the day.  As a result we lost quite a chunk of visiting time with my gorgeous sister-in-law and niece-in-law but, that being said I think between the four of us we managed to squeeze in about two years worth of catch up in two hours.   It was so wonderful and such a yummy lunch, thank you L and B for making the time and being the beautiful ladies you are.  We are looking forward to our 'next catch up'.   From there Jelly Bean and I met up with Big Guy for coffee before trekking across town to the girls, through Friday afternoon traffic we eventually arrived at about 6 p.m.

The one thing we have never done up until now is to have a 'girls' weekend, well there was so much laughter, catching up, tea and coffee and good food.  Our little (she is definitely not so little haha) Princess had to study as she is slap bang in the middle of mid year exams, but being the trooper she is she managed to fit it all in.  Tomorrow is a big day for her as she turns a whole 15 years old, I just cannot believe how fast the time has gone, it seems like just yesterday that I held her in my arms just seconds old.  As for Poppet all I can say is you have done THE most amazing job of raising an incredible young lady who is a credit to you every minute.  I miss you both already and am looking forward to our next visit at the end of the year.  Yesterday we left Pretoria at noon and went to spend some time with Big Guy who had to work a double shift on Saturday, so to say he was  exhausted is an understatement, but he still managed to treat us to a fabulous Italian lunch and we had a really good catch up, lots of chats, ideas and just plain good family time, my 'Mom love tank'is full for a
little while now.  Once we got to the airport and settled down, you will not believe what happened ?  
The people on our flight had already started queuing when a message came over the intercom to say that the flight had been delayed by ONE hour #facepalm, apparently the exact same problem as Friday with an iced over aeroplane early in the morning which knocked on throughout the day.  Yaaaay.  Eventually our flight arrived and all boarded happily, now eager to get home.  Here is a huge co-incidence on Fridays flight we were seated in the same row as a family, mom, dad and daughter - last night after having booked the exact same seats as Friday, we looked across and there was the same family sitting in their exact seats from Friday hahaha.  In spite of the delays I can only give Flysafair a thumbs up for service and  friendliness.  

I do believe my precious Hubby missed us, just a tad hehe, it was SO good to see him there waiting for us.  Apparently Jasper sat at the front door a couple of times meowing for me and dear little Cece only now seems to be relaxing and settling down, curled up on my chest and the moment I move she chirps in protest haha.

Folks those are the highlights of this past week, I am now going to find pain pills and find a comfortable spot to ease my incredibly sore body.  I pray you ALL have a spectacular week, keep those tutus fluffed and don't let  people or situations get you down.  Please stay safe and aware out there.

My view taken last night while coming in to land - looking out towards Cape Town / Table Bay



The new Cat Condo - made by : My Hubby :)



No comments: