Monday 14 May 2018

Trips, Allergies and Mothers Day

Good morning folks and Happy Mothers Day for yesterday to all the Mommies, I trust everyone is well rested and ready for the week ahead?  After a somewhat stressful week we had a lovely day yesterday in which to rest.  I was truly blessed with video calls and messages from my beloved family whom I miss SO much, I find it is always intensified when there are special occasions which normally we would have spent together and, is truly the ONLY downside to living in Betty's Bay.  Hubby took Jelly Bean and I out for a delicious coffee and treats.  Weather wise we seem to be stuck between Autumn and Winter at the moment, that stage where you end up changing three or four times a day....... Long sleeves on, long sleeves off and so it goes.

After speaking to the Vet last Monday about Cece who's stitches have not dissolved, I took her through on Tuesday, bad idea!!!!!!!!  She performed all the way into town, which was a first, normally she never makes a peep.  As I walked into the Vet the Dr's saw us and immediately looked worried, hahaha.  Cece had such a meltdown when they neutered her the one Dr actually looked scared, thankfully the other explained that contrary to what I'd been told, they HAD given her dissolvable stitches which will take about 60 days to dissolve.  She advised that we not take Cece out of the travel box, but she did take some time to discuss the terror/panic attacks and suggested that we try some form of sedative which will enable her to have a more peaceful quality and longer life.  Armed with two different medications we came home and then the fun really began.  For three days I gave her the prescribed dosage of antihistamine which seemed to help very slightly for one day.  On Friday I then switched to the other which was Valium and oh dear, my precious little kitty had  a terrible reaction, she quite literally went on such a high with even more terror /panic, she could not stand or walk, and did not stop trembling, I actually thought she might die.   Apparently she is allergic to the ingredients and can never have them again, our Vet has asked for some time to do a little more research and we will take it from there, I just grateful to have found a Dr who cares enough to try and help her.

My amazing Hubby is a constant support and encouragement with all this as well as keeping an eye on all the canines haha, and I even managed to join him on a walk with the hounds around the block #biggrin.  Gosh it is a busy house at the moment.  The Pupster has settled down very well and is now obeying some of the commands we give him,  our two little horrors are more settled as well.  Sasha must have not felt well for about two days as she refused to leave the deck and her kennel, thankfully she is now back to normal.  Max and Pupster are still 'sharing' Pupster's Hippo toy, and when I cannot find it anywhere I now know to look in their kennel.

With last week having been taken up with animal related issues aplenty, I am sincerely praying that this week will have a more human element and am trying to plan an outing to Hermanus, wish me luck LOL. The family are all doing well although I think I can safely say  they are all so busy that no one is getting enough sleep.  The 'Bears' flew up to Bloemfontein to see family and will be flying home later today.  With the others, we are counting days until Jelly Bean and I fly up in four weeks, which is very exciting although, I did get more than a hint that I can only get off the plane if I have sufficient Dragon Drizzle stock with me (a very hot chillie oil that I make) - note to self don't forget the Dragon Drizzle.

Folks that's all the main news from this side of the world, I wish you a wonderful week.  Please take some time to tell those you love just how precious they are and how much you love and appreciate them. Never put those kinds of things off for another time, tomorrow is not guaranteed so always be quick to apologise, give a hug and tell someone you love them.  Ciao ciao for now.

Poor little Cece when she was 'tripping'




No comments: