Monday 21 May 2018

Winter has finally begun - I hope.

Greetings everyone from a cool, blustery, wet Betty's Bay, oh how this weather soothes my soul!  This is my absolute favourite weather and made even better by the fact that we do not have to move out of the house all day.  I wish I could say it was a quiet week, it wasn't, but it was a lovely week.

Last week we managed to make it through to Hermanus, thankfully we went on Monday because it was literally cut off for the rest of the week due to 'Protest Action' .  We do not often go there purely because it is such a busy town, extremely quaint and pretty but generally over-run with tourists, last week however we were so lucky.  They have built a Mall just outside of town which we avoided and went into the centre which was quiet and peaceful, it was such a joy to shop and browse with ease, especially as the chain stores always seem to have different stock in the different areas.  On the way in Jelly Bean's eagle eyes spotted a Charity Book Shop which naturally we absolutely had to stop for, what a cute little shop and the books  were oh so cheap so naturally, more books came home hehe.  There are NOT enough bookshelves in this house, hint, hint.

We eventually got Cece onto a tablet that seems as if it is working, there has been a slight decrease in her panic attacks and I am praying that as she settles we can begin to address the litter training issues.  Jasper, bless his dear, sweet heart, took a healthy bite of my wrist the other day - he waits until I get into bed and as I pull up the duvet he then launches himself.  This one is pretty deep and looks quite nasty as well as very sore, so I have been putting ointment on and just keeping an eye on it, if there is not a major difference by tomorrow I will probably have to see the Dr, thankfully I had a Tetanus shot last year also credit to Jasper #facepalm.  Pupster has been very busy,  we had a load of wood delivered and he has been helping Hubby to put them where they belong, well trying to help him, we see him carrying various logs from one place to another as he plays 'lumberjack'.

Jelly Bean had to work at the Franschoek Literary Festival from Friday through to yesterday, which meant her and I left home every morning at 5.25 to have her in time for the staff lift that was organised.  The first morning did not go so well ........ for the first time ever my alarm did not go off and I awoke at 5.30, you can imagine the rush but we made it to the second collection point with
some time to spare - I can now go and buy a shirt that says "Ready in five minutes" haha.

Yesterday my Handsome Hubby and I went on a lunch date to our favourite wine farm, Vergeleegen Wine Estate, where we had a super meal and just enjoyed the gorgeous views.  It was such a treat as it is such a very beautiful place, thank you my Darling.

Folks, in a nutshell that was my week and we are now on a countdown to our trip up to Johannesburg which is in three weeks, much excitement I can assure you.   I wish you all a wonderful week ahead, please don't stop making a difference in people's lives - a smile and friendly greeting can totally change someone's day.  With a BIG smile from me and mine until next week Ciao Ciao and stay safe.

Vergeleegen Wine Estate.

On our drive into town yesterday.

Helicopter had to land near us this morning due to the high winds.

No comments: