Monday 7 May 2018

The merry go-round makes me dizzy !

Good morning family and friends I trust you are all doing well?  Just as I started typing a few scattered drops of rain started spitting down in preparation for a storm that is rolling in, exactly my kind of day.  WOW is all I can say about last week, I am still trying to recover even after a semi quiet weekend lol.  We had BigBear and BabyBear overnight on Monday and spent a beautiful day with them on Tuesday, took a drive and really just relaxed, it was very special and oh so needed.  Then on Wednesday my precious Hubby flew up to Johannesburg for Rob's funeral which was a very special time for him, to be with the family as they said goodbye, and to remember the wonderful man and his very unique sense of humour, he then flew back that same evening.  In the meantime I had gone to our very dear, crazy friends E & D to collect their equally crazy Pupster who is staying with us until he is ready to fly over to Itsly and join them.  Once I had him settled it was time to collect them for the heartbreaking trip to the airport for their flight out to Italy, collecting Jelly Bean from work on the way.  Heartbreaking in that they have to go back to Italy for business reasons for about six months, hopefully not much longer, but their hearts and home are here in BB.  Come home quickly guys we miss you.  Needless to say we were all exhausted by the that evening.  Jelly Bean had been fighting a sinus infection for about three weeks and on Thursday eventually agreed to see the doctor who promptly booked her off work until today, with medication etc. Princess had her bi-annual check with her Oncologist and Praise God all is clear and she had a good report.  Friday saw Hubby and I off to the shops for the normal weekly shopping and sneaking in a quiet cold drink at the Golf Club House before calling it a day.

OH yes ........ We have been battling with a flea 'mini epidemic' for months and this was the weekend I chose to become an exterminator par excellence.  Friday I gave all the cats a 'flea tablet' which works immediately, we then proceeded to fumigate the living area which meant we were all confined to our bedrooms early and for the duration of the evening.  Saturday dawned with a flea free living area which needed major vacuuming, and while we were busy doing that it was the time to fumigate the bedrooms, then repeat the cleaning process #facepalm.  The result is we now have a flea FREE home and animals, yaaaay.

Yesterday my precious Hubby went off to play a quiet game of golf in Kleinmond and Jelly Bean and I tried to relax as much as possible before the onslaught of the new week.   As far as our 'zoo' goes all is well, the dogs are getting along, with Pupster thoroughly loving the freedom of having a fenced yard and we hear him running from one end of the property to the other as he chases imaginary things and flying leaves. Haha.  Gemma and Jasper are great and as the colder weather comes in so Jasper gets more lovable.  Cece on the other hand has been a handful,  we were told her stitches would dissolve, but guess what? Four weeks later and they are just as purple and stiff as they were to start with, so it is off to the Vet tomorrow to have them removed.  Last night as I picked her up she had a complete and total meltdown/panic attack and lashed out with all four paws, leaving me with welts, scratches, blood and bruises.  Then as we were settling down for the night she was sleeping on my arm and moved, then out of the blue she bit my arm inside my elbow leaving me looking like a drug addict (one of the side effects of Fibro is that I bruise extremely easily without even know why most times, so you can imagine what I look like at the moment hahaha).

Today Hubby and I have some shopping to do when we've dropped Jelly Bean at work and I am planning a QUIET, CALM cup of coffee somewhere to start this week.  We also booked tickets for Jelly Bean and I to fly up to Johannesburg in five weeks, to visit with my sister-in-law and then spend  some time with Princess, Poppet and Big Guy, all very exciting and we are definitely looking forward to that.  I was informed this morning via Facebook, and not very subtly that they have all run out of Dragon Drizzle (a very hot chillie oil that I make), this is a 'huge' problem and replacements are now expected  hahahaha.

Folks as you can see, it has been manic, I am praying this week is going to be quiet and normal, healthy and peaceful #bellylaugh at that thought.   I pray and wish you all a wonderful week, never forget that  even in the craziest of times, most stressful of times, saddest of times, God our Heavenly
Father NEVER leaves or forsakes us, it is He who gives us the strength and ability to get through every situation and without that strength I certainly would not be able to function.  Please stay safe out there, give God your problems and trust Him to solve them.  Ciao for now folks.

                                            This huge moth was on our lawn this morning, about 15cm

My beautiful big boy Jasper




No comments: