Monday 2 October 2017

Are you making a difference ?

Good afternoon folks can you believe that it is already October, where has this year gone ? We are now in the final quarter of the year and as many people here call it the silly season, and with it comes reckless driving, office parties, Christmas parties, school leavers graduating etc, and along with all that comes, for many people loneliness and further stress. Because this has been a really hard year for so many people I would like to ask each of my readers to be sensitive to those around you whether it is at work, school, family, church, anywhere, there will be and are people who are struggling on various levels. Please can we step alongside of someone who is hurting or struggling and encourage them, try and help them, include them and just generally let them know that they are valuable and precious as individuals, a little recognition and appreciation goes far further than you can imagine. From experience I can say with assurance that many people who are struggling or facing challenges will hardly ever tell you or ask for help, which in turn makes them feel even more isolated. My heart goes out to the elderly and especially the single parents in particular single moms, they are faced with school prize givings, plays and parties, office get togethers, many of which just they either avoid going to or they do attend but feel invisible. The list could and does go on and on of those people who just need someone to reach out to them and show some kindness, it could be taking someone for coffee, or taking them shopping, perhaps offering to babysit so the parent can go shopping or attend the office event, just dropping off a cake or chocolate with a hug can totally turn a persons day around. Friends I'm not suggesting that you go out and be extravagant, it's the small things that show you care. It is one way we as individuals can make a difference in this crazy world we live in.

It's been a quiet and somewhat frustrating week for me health wise, after the fall I had two weeks ago I just steadily felt worse and worse. My Blood Pressure was all over the show, every time I stood up I wanted to faint along with continuous nausea aargh. Eventually on Friday I surrendered and went to see the Doctor who very quickly determined that I had a rampant bladder infection (with none of the usual symptoms), she prescribed a once off antibiotic which I took and only today can I say that I feel as if I am on the mend. For the first time I can stand without wanting to pass out and without the constant nausea, my kidneys are sore but I am drinking water by the litre and doing everything else I know to do, I am on the mend yaaaay. On Thursday last week my ever patient and loving Hubby and I had to go into Caledon for some business and whilst we were there we took the time to go and look at the Hotel which has Hot Spring Pools, oh my word, they have five or six pools of varying sizes and temperatures ranging from about 25c to 46c, because they are mineral springs these waters are packed full of goodness, it's on my 'to do list' for as soon as possible, I am going to go and soak in all the goodness of those minerals. We then stopped for lunch on the Pass at a beautiful restaurant where we had a delicious lunch before going down into Somerset West to fetch Jelly Bean. Every day that I live here I thank God for the blessing of living here with the beautiful ocean and the huge mountains, whoever I look I can see one or the other or both at the same time. As I sit typing this I am listening to the sound of the waves and a myriad of birds that are all singing, today has turned out to be one of those 'perfect' days in the Cape, a gentle breeze and blue skies above us. Tomorrow is predicted to be gale force winds and rain, there are no two days here the same which is just another reason we love it so much.

Tomorrow is Poppets birthday which is bittersweet for us as we would so love to be there with her and Princess to celebrate, but at this point we are storing up celebrations for December when we are all together. Thursday is My darling Hubby's birthdsy so I am predicting a slightly busier week than the last few hehe. Hopefully this week I can actually accomplish some tasks and get some things done that need attending to in the house.

Friends on that note I am going to say Ciao for now, thank you for your continued support and encouragement on this Blog. I wish you a week of accomplished tasks, caring family and friends, peace in your workplace and home and God's provision, wherever you go please stay safe.

My view from the deck as I sit here.

No comments: