Monday 9 October 2017

Birthdays, braais and laughter

Good morning beautiful people, I suddenly realised this morning when my Hubby mentioned something about November just how close Christmas is. What on earth has happened to this year that it has gone by so fast? I am going to have to get myself into gear and start planning for Christmas, if I am truly honest I can't say that it feels like Christmas is on the horizon. I am not going to say the usual that last week was quiet because it was anything but, between Poppet's birthday last Tuesday and my handsome Hubby on Thursday, multiple Doctors visits for Jelly Bean and I it seems to have been a painful blur.

The birthdays both were celebrated in true family style with Poppet being blessed with gift/flower deliveries and all the spoiling that Princess had planned, I know we weren't there but I think we all managed to make her feel special. Handsome Hubby had a somewhat quieter day, we went for breakfast and coffee at a new little shop that has opened up here (one of four new businesses to open in the last month) and then we went out with BigBear and BabyBear for a delicious dinner on the seafront in Strand. In between all these occasions Jelly Bean and I were both at the Doctor, her for a bad dose of Sinusitis and me with the ongoing infection. Yesterday and today are the first days that I have felt even remotely 'normal' in close on a month, Jelly Bean is much better Praise the Lord and I feel as if I am at last on the mend although we are still waiting for lab results to come back. I actually said to my Hubby yesterday, and this will sounds really strange to some of you, but it feels 'good' to be back to my 'normal' Fibromyalgia symptoms, these I can deal with.

On Saturday we had some friends over for a Braai and happily the rain held off long enough and everyone seemed to enjoy their evening, for our international friends this was their first South African Braai, if I had known that I would have done more of the traditional dishes as well, next time guys. Yesterday apart from the drive into work we had a totally lazy day in the most wonderful, cool, rainy weather. Today is still cold and every now and then there is a short downfall so may it continue, every drop of rain we get is desperately needed.

To our great delight we have now seen whales three times, mostly just floating around and the one actually came up out of the water but did not breach completely, when we drive into town everyone's eyes are glued to the water looking for signs of the whales and dolphins. There are a lot of Baboons here in the Cape and they can cause a lot of damage and havoc, mostly we see them on the coastal road along the mountainside. They sit on the side or even in the road and play, usually bringing traffic almost to a stand still, in some cases and to our great annoyance a car will just stop dead in the middle of the road, no hazard lights, just STOP so they can look at the animals, aaaarrgghhhh it drives me crazy. Yesterday coming home Jelly Bean was driving and just happened to see one of the teenage baboons coming down the cliff face just in front of us, it lost its hold and took a bit of a tumble but managed to grab hold onto something to avoid a complete fall. No one can ever say it is boring living in this beautiful part of our country.

Hopefully this week I can get back into my stride with making some Rusks and bread, it's been awhile since I have baked anything and I'm hoping the results will be edible, trust me sometimes even though I do exactly the same thing, it turns out very strangely hahaha.

On a very funny note we came home one day last week and when Max ran down the driveway to greet Hubby, he was running so fast (bearing in mind he is a small Yorkie) he somehow tripped and literally rolled head over tail twice before stopping and then quickly looking around to see who had noticed, we nearly collapsed laughing and he just looked at embarrassed. Jasper still continues to entertain us with his antics and precious personality, he still hides from the big red monster of a vacuum cleaner, he still runs full speed down the room even though he knows he cannot stop in time. Last week I just happened to witness exactly how he stops, he was running and realised he was about to run into an oak box I have so as he started braking he put his front paws up like a high five against the box and then his rear end slid around to join the rest of him. It is like living in a circus here at times.

Friends I sincerely wish each of you a wonderful week, may it be peaceful, productive and just generally a good week. We have a saying in our family when a day goes pear shaped or takes a nasty turn, we say "Fluff that tutu out and go dancing". Please stay safe on the roads and always be aware of your surroundings.


Gemma and Jasper lounging around in the cooler weather



No comments: