Monday 1 May 2017

A bit of this and a bit of that

Good morning to one and all, I trust everyone is well and enjoying the long weekend (in South Africa). The Cape certainly knows how to show off to tourists in terms of its beauty, the people and even the weather. Driving along Clarence Drive this weekend all we saw at every pull off area all that could be seen was groups of people either looking out into the bay or standing taking pictures. On Saturday we sweltered in scorching temperatures well into the 30s and I am really praying that was the last of summer. Yesterday was cooler with a little rain but we need SO much more in order to make any difference to the water tables, today is sunny and thankfully not hot. Seeing as my precious Hubby has taken Jelly Bean to work and is going to practice at the driving range and then collect her, I have got a Ciabatta Bread rising and am then going to make either muffins or scones before I hang up my hammock chair on the deck and get to sit out there hopefull with my book.

We had a super busy week which kicked off with taking Jasper to the Vet on Tuesday morning. All my suspicions were correct, he had rhinitis and quite a severe infection, hence the really smelly breath. She gave him an anti-inflammatory shot and a ten day course of antibiotics which are working like a charm, by the third dose his breath was back to normal and although he was poorly for a couple of days, he is now back to normal if you can call hiding behind the books normal, it was vacuum cleaner day lol.

With all the driving last week I managed to get some fabulous photos of False Bay in a number of its different moods, I will post them at the end of this Blog. Yesterday we found a fabulous little Coffee shop in the Strand called Timeless Cafe, it is just one of those perfectly situated little places on the beachfront where they have tables out on the pavement, it is the perfect place for a light meal, we had breakfast and they serve without a doubt THE best coffee I have ever had. We had a lovely breakfast, way too much coffee and just sat watching the world go by and reading our books, after which we went and sat in the car right on the beach and continued our reading before we collected Jelly Bean. There was an occasional drizzle and not many people on the beach so it was super peaceful.

Somehow I am going to have to re-evaluate my 'pacing' strategy because at the moment it is non existent, hopefully I will be able to get on top of some of the health issues with a bit more planning and actually listening to my body. I am one of those people who tends to go full out until everything is 'done'. I can't do that anymore but keep forgetting in my quest to complete all that needs doing. For example a day out in town doing the shopping and other household chores will leave me running on about 10% strength the following day/s and here's where I am getting it wrong, because of re charging, I battle to sit until that day's work is done and so it goes. Apologies for the rant, sometimes it helps getting perspective when you get to see it in writing. In Fibromyalgia circles they call it using up all your spoons which is an interesting theory. They work on the assumption that we all have for example ten spoons of energy per day and everything we do uses up spoons of energy, what will take a 'normal' person one spoon i.e. Getting out of bed and getting dressed, can take us five or even more spoons. We still only have ten per day so that means less spoons required in order just to complete normal for asks that require many spoons. It is beyond frustrating because it goes contrary to my nature and usually leaves me feeling guilty when I sit down, so this is the balance/pacing part I have to work out. Some things just have to be done, others can be put off and it's trying to get the balance right, clearly I'm not very good at that at the moment. I'm a work in progress haha.

Friends thank you for your support on this Blog page, I pray you have a wonderful week and get to accomplish all your goals. Please be safe out there, until next week ciao ciao.

I wish these photos could capture the colours and images perfectly but these were pretty close.

A magnificent sunset over False Bay where the water was smooth like a mirror.


Yesterday morning sunrise, the most incredible pinks and oranges.


A quiet beach yesterday


Jasper playing hide and seek in a packet



No comments: