Monday 15 May 2017

It's going to be a good week

It's a beautiful day, with the sun shining, not too hot and all I can hear is the waves breaking on the shore and the occasional bird. We've done all the housework (thanks Babes) which included switching around two kitchen cupboards, that's the problem when you are really tall and go and put groceries in a 'bottom' cupboard near the floor - you can never find anything unless you sit flat on the floor so now, problem solved and a whole lot of things I didn't know I had are now available.

I can happily say that I've been enjoying a few fairly good days health wise, I'm not sure if it's the meatless diet or just some good days but either way I'm not complaining. Last week was interesting with some really cold days, not much rain sadly but we did get to light a couple of nice cosy fires, I met up with a lady who lives in Bettys Bay who I've been chatting to for awhile via What's App and we had a fabulous morning getting to know each other in a quaint little coffee shop, sitting next to a roaring fire. She is such an interesting, vibrant person who has such an interesting background, thank you Lord for new friends.

On our way in and out of Somerset West we were SO blessed to see two dolphins swimming side by side across the Bay fairly close to the rocks, it's one of my biggest dreams to actually swim with a dolphin, but seeing them in their natural environment was incredible. Then this weekend Jelly Bean and I saw a whale in False Bay, the first time we saw 'him' he was up near Gordons Bay and on the journey home had moved down closer to Rooi Els, the next day he was more or less the same place and just appeared to be floating around. How exciting is it to be so fortunate to live in this beautiful part of the country? Every day I thank God for His grace and goodness to us.

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there for yesterday, I hope you all had a good day. I would just like to share something that Jelly Bean shared with me yesterday, she is reading a book (nothing new in that lol) and read out a statement which basically said we have to learn not to live in our minds. A simple enough statement and something that we all know but it is not always that easy to actually do. Where am I going with this ? I had been dreading Mothers Day because it was only the second one that I would not be spending with all or most of my kids, I was feeling totally shut out and unimportant, not true I know but the more you listen/live in your mind the easier it is to believe what is not reality. I actually had a lovely day, it was quiet because Jelly Bean had to work a double shift, so we did a Continental Brunch with Croissants, cheese, toppings and then made a huge healthy smoothie which we all thoroughly enjoyed, she gave me a bottle of my favourite perfume and I had messages and calls from all the others, we even squeezed in a Skype chat with the girls in Pretoria. All in all a special day although it was different and I was fairly tearful but only because I love and really miss my family, I do miss the big, crazy, noisy Sunday lunches, so have decided I will just treasure them even more when they do happen. I know I am not the only Mom who feels like this, or felt sad yesterday, but girls we cannot live in our minds, that is where the enemy will come and sow seeds of negativity on every level. If you find yourself in this position all I can encourage you to do is make a conscious decision to look at your blessings, ask God to help you fight the enemy's lies and rest in His goodness. Your family loves you, your friends love you and most of all God loves you.

On that note I want to wish you a blessed week, may you feel loved, may you spread love to those around you and always, always be safe and aware of your surroundings.

Jasper playing in the washing basket.

No comments: