Monday 24 April 2017

Not enough coffee today .....

Greetings folks from a very windy BB, and when I say windy I mean high wind with gusts of 43km inch has been blowing since Saturday, it's the kind of wind that when you open a door your feet pick up speed all by themselves. Needless to say it's delaying some outdoor tasks, we wanted to wash the windows on Saturday but seeing as this is a South Easter, apart from being impossible it's a waste of time because in ten minutes they will be salty again. On that front I am not complaining as my energy level today is almost non existent and pain levels are on the opposite side of the scale hence the title of this Blog 'Not enough coffee' there is literally not enough that would replace my energy. Having said that I have just put my poor husband through a huge search expedition. For days now I've been trying to find a particular Bible and have looked EVERYWHERE, so today the search extended to storage boxes in the garage which only Hubby can get down, sadly all that effort resulted in nothing. Never one to give up I then dug through my kist also resulting in nothing at which point Jelly Bean walked in and asked what I was doing and then asks the very obvious question, pointing to the bookshelves she asked if I looked 'there'. "Yes" I said, but just not the back rows of books. My precious daughter walks up to the first bookshelf and has a 2 second look, pulls out a book and says "is this it ?" SERIOUSLY ???? How did I not see it ? I can see both my sons right now rolling their eyes and thinking "it's called old age Mother", no it isn't guys I don't know what to call it but old age doesn't work for me. Haha

We've had a pretty normal week if you take out all the driving, the best part of that though is how the sea changes every day so the view never gets boring. Hubby and I have also had some super dates for either coffee or dinner which is always special, I am so blessed that we are best friends as well as marriage partners unlike so many couples I've heard of, who once the husband retires he drives the wife crazy and they end up spending no time together. We have so much to do and see that every day is a new adventure.

Tomorrow Jasper and I are taking a visit to the Vet, hopefully nothing serious but I am positive that he will be very annoyed by the time we are finished. Ever since we've had him he tends to have had a blocked nose and therefore 'snuffles', the problem is that for the last few weeks he has had really smelly breath, and for a cat that loves licking his human and sleeping face to face I need to get it sorted quickly, so wish me luck folks, please. This morning I awoken by a bored cat who wanted to get out of the bedroom and so decided that the way to wake Mom was to bite her, not gentle bites I may add. He had me up in minutes to open the door for him and then returned about a half an hour later for head scratches and proceeded to knead my arms, also not a painless event. One very special kitty. Now that the cooler weather has arrived Gemma is also a lot more loving and claims one of our laps every night.

Friends I wish you a wonderful week filled with positive things, lots of energy, favour in every situation and lots of joy. Don't forget, be safe out there please.

Jasper posing for the camera.

No comments: