Friday 30 September 2016

Conquering battles one by one.

Whew my head is so busy that it makes me tired. Good afternoon all, I trust this finds you all well and looking forward to the weekend and everything that comes with it. I feel like I am on the 'warpath' on a couple of fronts, the first being my darling cats and TICKS aaargghhhh. About ten days ago I dosed all the animals and naively thought that was the end of it, how wrong can one be? There are literally dozens of these infernal little pests which, I will admit are mostly dead, but there are still many teeny tiny little ones every time I look, the entire situation is not being helped by the fact that Kiko and Gemma love being outside and are quite vocal when they are kept in. Just now I spent quite a bit of time on the internet looking for safe home remedies to use in conjunction with the drops we've already used and have a couple I am going to try, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Whilst on the subject of Kiko, I don't know if I mentioned that she lost her collar more than a week ago. We looked everywhere and even asked the builders next door to keep a look out, then kind of stopped expecting to find it. Well this week one of the chaps next door called Hubby darling and holding up the collar asked if it was ours, he had been for a walk and saw it on the side of the road in the bushes....... who would have guessed ?

My other 'battlefront' is mould which I am seeing much quicker results in winning. I think due to the constantly damp weather etc, I noticed that our shower was busy with a 'science project' all of its own. Always the optimist I quickly found my new high power steamer (which I bought just before we moved) and after some initial frustration due to the fact that it has an international plug, I got it steaming away and climbed into said shower and got busy. It is having the desired effect I am delighted to say and the mould is going and gone. Wooohooo. Hubby dearest is busy with his personal battlefield which is working on keeping Max in the yard, that dog is untiring in his efforts to get out. We have raised the fence four times now, this last time being with chicken wire above the initial plastic mesh....... and each time we've said "well that should keep him in" only to be proved wrong so here's hoping we can put this one to bed now as well.

Only two more sleeps until our little Princess arrives which is so exciting, I keep thinking of things she needs to bring with and between the two of us there has been a fair amount of scheming because Mommy's birthday is on Monday and Grandpa is on Wednesday, there are a number of secrets floating around I can assure you hehe. I can't wait to see her, it feels like forever and I am sure she has grown inches since we left. Apart from all that, this morning I got a bee in my bonnet about making a crocheted summer cover up, similar to a cardigan but a much more open stitch. After having priced them in the shops I decided I would try and make one and went into the haberdashery shop this morning to price cotton etc, imagine my delight when I discovered that they sell crochet lace, ready made by the metre. I can make it for about a quarter of the price of the shop ones so guess where I am going tomorrow morning ? Yep, right back to the store to get my lace, if it turns out well I will post a photo in due course.

The Hermanus Whale Festival started today which is apparently quite a huge event taking place over the next few days. I am told it draws over 100 000 people so being the crazy people we are, tomorrow morning will find us on our way to Hermanus to the Festival as my dear Hubby wants to see the vintage car show and then we will meander a bit, hopefully we might even spot a whale. On that note folks, I am going to bid you goodbye and wish you a magnificent weekend doing what makes you happy and always friends please be safe wherever you go.

No comments: