Monday 9 August 2021

Isolation is over.

Happy Women's Day to all the ladies, I hope your husbands and families will take today to make you feel as special as you are. If I thought last year was odd, this year has been even odder here we are in August and if feels like it should be May on one hand and like the 17th month of the year on the other.  As usual weather wise we never have two days the same but for the most part it has been mild and pleasant with very little wind.  Saturday we awoke to a heavy mist covering the mountains and bad visibility, this usually burns off by mid morning, not this time - it stayed the same for the entire day, quite an eerie feel to the village.  Yesterday the wind picked up ushering in another cold front with some blessed rain during the evening.


It felt like a very long week but a good one on the whole, the shrug I was knitting for Jelly Bean lasted exactly one hour before I pulled it all out and started again, this time crocheting it.  I was really disappointed at how it turned out and looked VERY homemade and just ugh.  This time around it is taking a wee bit longer as my hands get sore but it looking 100 times better πŸ‘πŸ».

It was also a week of filling biscuit tins, getting things organized and in general putting the house to rights.  I did say to Jelly Bean yesterday that sometimes I wonder how I accomplish anything, the last batch of Gluten Free Shortbread I made tasted a lot more like fudge than shortbread, I really didn't take an awful lot of time to dwell on it until I made a new batch  yesterday.  I double the recipe and I took the flour measurement which was in grams and converted it to milleters, it is just less than double the amount, what I did forget was to double THAT amount, so everything was doubled with a single measure of flour 🀦🏻‍♀️πŸ˜„, this batch tastes a lot more like shortbread hehe.  A new and very abundant source for Tyarn came to my notice and I placed a smallish order to make two cat igloos for Poppet and am hoping their quality is as good as their colour range and service, my order was delivered to the courier within hours of me placing it.

Hubby however did not have a good week.  For a while now his car has been sounding 'rough' so eventually he serviced it and then oh dear it all went haywire.  It's a long 'guy' story but the car went into limp mode and he drove it in first gear, through to Kleinmond for it to be tested on their computer, this yielded no positive answers but thanks to many people who offered advice he now knows what the issue is and thank the Lord it is not the very expensive fault he first thought it was.  This is an ongoing story as he has to tak various parts off in order to get to the problem and in the meantime the entire front bumper is lying on our deck🀦🏻‍♀️,  thankfully being a trained mechanic in his youth he knows what he is doing and I take my hat off to him.


The family are doing well and we are starting to see answers to prayers, with everyone being busy and staying healthy.  Miss Muffet and her family are currently in Spain on their summer holiday, yes I am envious but wish them a really fantastic time away, when they return home the boys will both begin their new year in school and so their routine will gather speed.  

Oh how I am missing the family, it has only been three weeks since I saw them but it feels like three months, my isolation ended on Friday whoo hooo and I am finally free to move around.  I decided to celebrate with some special baked goodies from one of our local shops thinking that just one cheat would be fine........ my system said a very forceful NOOO and I now realise that bought baked goodies are no longer on my list of treats, a very sad situation. My other celebration has had to wait until today as I want to go for a walk on the beach and just enjoy the beauty and  magnificence of the ocean.  Tomorrow is eventually almost here and after all the delays and isolation I am just so glad that I can get this surgery over and behind me and get on with th business of recuperating and getting back to normal.  


Folks there is not much news, especially when you haven't left the house in two weeks but once

again I want to urge you all to please, please be  extra diligent with your CoVid protocols, yet again on Friday I heard of a friends husband of almost 50 years, who passed away due to this pandemic.  It is not the same old virus of last year, a lot of us came through that with no problems but this third wave is different and we need to protect ourselves and those around us.  

I hope each of you has a good week, may you be blessed and stay healthy.  Ciao ciao for this week.









No comments: