Monday 30 August 2021

Cold, rain and snow.

Well good morning everyone from our decidedly cold little seaside village, what an odd week weather wise as a huge sub polar cold front moved into the country on Thursday and oh my word did it rain here. We were in Somerset West and came home to a water logged, freezing little village, the rain and very unusual hail, thunder and lightning continued until Saturday leaving all the mountains covered in more snow than we have ever seen down here. On Saturday Hubby and I drove in to take Princess to a hockey match and the mountains are just gorgeous. Quick brag here my gorgeous girl scored the most perfect goal, I wanted to hoot but had promised not to 😀 so I had to settle for prolonged clapping hehe. 

Last week it just happened that we were out every single day, there has just been so much happening I am still trying to catch up. Tuesday was my birthday and with the impending hospital visit coming up I decided to treat myself to a lovely haircut in Hermanus after which Hubby treated the three of us to lunch at a wonderful restaurant called The Char'd Grill, what a super place and definitely on our list to revisit, between all that and all the amazing birthday wishes and messages that I received I felt well and truly loved and spoilt, it was a very special day. Thursday was BabyBear's birthday and today it is BigBears birthday, talk about birthday week. The MRI scheduled for Thursday did not happen, we discovered the day before that our Medical Aid does not cover breast MRI's, as I had an appointment with my Oncologist later that day I was able to discuss it with her and get loads of questions answered and a lot of clarity on what is going to happen. Poppet went with me to that appointment and the one with my Surgeon on Thursday, it was a great help having her with me to remember what I forgot, ask questions etc, as she has been through this she knows more than anyone what lies ahead. My Oncologist is an absolute darling, my entire Medical team is really of the highest caliber. She agreed with me when I said that I had reached the point when the MRI was cancelled, that I will have a double/bilateral mastectomy and be done with it for once and for all. The moment I made the decision I had total peace as it had been on my mind since meeting with the Plastic Surgeon. On Thursday we went to the Surgeon for the final discussion and she is 100% behind my decision, in fact she is really glad that I got there on my own. Both Poppet and I at some point will be going for genetic testing as we apparently present quite a 'case', when I got home I prayed severing all generational curses and diseases in the Name of Jesus. The final decision is that we will be doing the bilateral mastectomy with what is called a staged reconstruction which means, that during the first surgery they will insert expanders which will gradually be 'pumped up' (☝🏻No laughing allowed hehe we've already thought of all the jokes around that 😂) until the required 'size' is reached at which time I will go back into surgery for the full reconstruction and move on from there. It is a long road but one now that I know what is happening, I am ready for as much as I can be. The only issue is that surgery is currently set for the 8th October unless an earlier date opens up, I would far rather have had it within the next couple of weeks but as Poppet said this may just be God's way of giving my body a chance to fully recover from the first surgery and also the massive Fibromyalgia flare and exhaustion that I find myself in. I can't argue with that but would just like it over, I'm tired of the waiting knowing what is inside of me, if that makes sense? Having said that though, I can quite honestly say I have never in my life been as tired as I am currently, so now after all the running backwards and forwards I am trying to gear down and relax, not finding it that easy mentally hehehe. 

Today is also a very sad day as we have to say goodbye to our little Max who has been with us since he was a teeny puppy 13.5 years ago. We've known the decision would have to be made for awhile but he has got to the point where due to being mostly blind and frail that he just sits trembling most of the time, he has also become very unsteady on his legs and sometimes it takes him a good few minutes after waking up to actually get everything moving and start walking, loosing control of his bowels at times etc. Irrespective of all that I still feel like a 'killer' even though in my heart I know it is the right thing to do, we are going to bury him here with CeCe and Gemma. 😢 R.I.P. To the smallest little dog with the biggest sense of adventure, Max aka Houdini. 

On a happier note I really must share what happened on Saturday when we went into town to pick up Princess. I needed to stop at the nail supply store and while I was there Hubby went into the motor spares shop. Back in the car I could not find my glasses anywhere, hubby was driving and I was literally pulling the car apart looking for them, so confused because I'd had them 10 mins prior 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ I tried calling the shop but they were closed. Poppet called to see where we were just as I was trying to get Hubby dearest to pull over, as I was talking to her I looked at him and whilst my mouth was uttering words, my mind looking for the glasses I saw his glasses and thought 'why is he wearing clip on sunglasses ?' Then I looked again and 'those silver ear arms are mine' ......... I shrieked, "why are you wearing my glasses?" Initially he didn't even react and then eventually he was "oh I didn't realise, I thought they were mine." I just could not believe it, mine are far heavier than his and a different colored lens to boot , talk about confusing 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ So much stress lolol . 
I have also joined the very 'elite' club of Air Fryer owners as a gorgeous, big Fryer was received for my birthday....... I am truly, truly blessed. So far everything I have cooked in it has been incredible with the exception of a frozen, uncooked gluten free bagel, possibly I should have baked and not 'air fried', but oh my word people what a difference and so quick and clean and the food tastes amazing. Wooohooooo. Thus cook has already put in an order for a movable, tiered, counter height trolley on which to keep it 😁😁. I am looking forward this week to having time to experiment and use it more. Well folks, that is me for this week, thank you to absolutely everyone who commented and messaged after last week's Blog and also for my birthday, each and every call or message blessed me beyond measure and your prayers are treasured, I was blown away, thank you.💗 Stay warm, safe and well Ciao Ciao R.I.P. Little Max
Snow on the Helderberg Mountains.

No comments: