Monday 26 August 2019

It is Birthday season ...

It is not often, thank goodness, when we have nine birthdays within the space of about seven weeks, good grief even as I counted them up it seemed hard to believe but, yep our family is in birthday season hahaha. Happy Birthday today to BabyBear, wishing you only the very best of God's infinite blessings precious for today and the year to come.  BigBear it's your turn on Friday son.    Good morning all, from a delightfully cool and calm BB after last week's spring like weather we are very happily back to mild winter.  

We had a fairly normal week which started off with us watching the International Space Station pass overhead on Tuesday evening.  Because there in no light pollution here the night skies and amount of stars and planets we can see is phenomenal.  Along with the normal day to day activities we had a long overdue visit with our dear friends E & D, it was so good to catch up guys thank you.  Jelly Bean saw a snake (harmless) slithering across the garden which clearly did not disturb the dogs as they completely ignored it, one of the 'joys' of living in a Protected Biosphere.  We treated ourselves and went through to Rooi Els for a light lunch at a fabulous little Pub there that is very rustic and a favorite with bikers in the Cape.  On the way home we stopped in Pringle Bay, the village between us and Rooi Els.  It has a wonderful little shopping area with fabulous Deli that sells all kinds of artisan baked goods, imported products and homeware, while there I discovered I can, in future, buy my Extra Virgin Olive Oil on tap for any less than anywhere else, woohooo.  Meanwhile Hubby is busy with a very difficult clock which has come in as well as an influx of watches all of a sudden.  The family are all well with Poppet and Jelly Bean deserving a special shout out - Poppet who only started with her company last year has now been made Country Manager, congratulations Poppet you have come such a long way and a lot of sacrifices for both you and Princess, we couldn't be prouder.  Jelly Bean started working for  BigBear on a freelance basis and  did her first assignment for them.  They heard last week the Client is delighted with what she did and so 
is the Company, congratulations to you precious, you are finding your niche and as usual doing an outstanding job.  Needless to say I am an incredibly proud mother / step-mother and Granny when I look at our family and what amazing people they all are.  Not long now and we are going to celebrate big time guys.
Saturday was my birthday and after being thoroughly spoilt at home we went into town and met BigBear for lunch at my favorite Wine Farm - Vergeleegen, what an awesome afternoon we had, great good, super vibe and beautiful gifts, apart from the rest of the family being there what more could I ask for.  Thank you family and ALL my friends from near and far who made me feel well and truly loved and special, I feel humbled by all the beautiful messages and love.

From my side things have been a bit quiet as far as 'creating' anything goes as somehow I injured my thumb just over a month ago, despite a cortisone injection into the thumb pad and X-rays, which showed nothing untoward I am still very sore and wearing a thumb brace which frustratingly is ruling out crocheting or any similar handcrafts, even baking.  As a result I have done a LOT of reading hehe which for me is never a bad thing.

Folks, thank you for all the positive feedback on the 'new' look, I hope to be adding to the pages at the top this week with any luck, so keep an eye on them.  I pray you all have a 
peaceful week and stay safe and aware of your surroundings, Ciao Ciao for now.

A favorite view of mine going from Betty's Bay as the road drops down into Rooi Els.






No comments: