Monday 19 August 2019

A new look


Greetings everyone to my refreshed, new look Blog.  I decided that after three and a half years it was time for a make-over and after a quick chat to my extremely talented and gifted, youngest son BigBear,  then without even realizing he was already busy with it Voila....... here we are !!!!  Thank you son you are amazing and I am so grateful for the professional touch.  I have also decided to add extra pages, as you will see under the header where I plan to add Recipes, day to day Hints and Tips.  There will be other pages added as we go which will deal with specific themes, thereby keeping them out of the regular Blog and making them easier to access.  I also received an email from Feedspot, which is a content reader where people can read all their favorite Blogs in one place.  I had submitted this Blog to them out of curiosity.  In the email I was congratulated for having My Life's Winding Roads being selected by their panelist as one of the Top South African Lifestyle Blogs, this absolutely blew me away, woohoo thank you ALL for your support and thank you #Feedspot.

Apart from the above which was a major highlight in my life last week was definitely not one of the best we've ever had.  It just seems that some weeks are way busier than others in absolutely every way imaginable.  We ended up having to go out almost every day for one reason or another and after spending most of Thursday  in Hermanus catching up with a number of different small things as well as our weekly shopping which inevitably left me feeling like I've been run over by the Orient Express and in a flare, therefore, this week I am planning a more sedate week where I can hopefully recoup and regain my energy.
It was an extremely  difficult week for Poppet and Princess in particular as after all the excitement of Sunshine's anticipated arrival, everything was put on hold when he received  bad news related to a health issue.  On top of this  a young girl in Princess's school tried to commit suicide by jumping off the balcony, thank God she did not die and is receiving 
treatment, but this comes on top of an earlier suicide two weeks ago in the same Grade.  As you can imagine it has been more than what anyone can deal with much less a young girl.  The school has been amazing in providing counseling and therapy dogs but the fact remains that our youngsters are under an immense amount of pressure from so many different areas.  I want to urge you all to PLEASE be aware of those people you come in contact with, especially your family.  Don't dismiss depression as a 'phase' - it is frighteningly  real and far more common that you can imagine.  We have had experience with it in our own family and it is something that can never be ignored, for those involved it is like living life on a tightrope, never knowing what is going to be a tipping point.  Please pray for the families of these girls, Princess and for our youngsters in general.  

Friends and family I wish you a wonderful week, as you go about your days please encourage those you come in contact with, something I have become very aware of is we need to learn to 'listen to people to hear and not listen to answer', be an ear for those you know.  Be safe out there, ciao ciao for now.

Websites I can recommend
www.feedspot.com
www.suicide.org
Facebook - The South African Depression and Anxiety Group

Peace in Bettys Bay 

No comments: