Monday 26 March 2018

A quiet week, sort of

Good morning beautiful people I hope this finds you all well rested  and looking forward  to a shorter work week.  We are still enjoying the cooler weather with temperatures in the high teens which is just awesome, the sea is calm and we even had a bit of rain over the weekend.  I am really praying that we are in for a long, cold, wet winter down here in the Cape, it is desperately needed.

Last week was fairly quiet for a change with no major events outside of our normal day to day  chores and routine.  I had to see the Optician for a final eye test and delightedly it went very well.  He is giving me glasses to use for driving and also for reading but otherwise no contact lenses required or full time wearing of spectacles which is totally an answer to prayer.  There has been lots of scrubbing and cleaning haha but I am nearly there.  I also got to make a BIG batch of Buttermilk Rusks to my darling Hubby's great delight and on very strict instructions not to change a thing they came out just as successfully as the last time. # hugegrin

On the feline front CeCe is a one step forward and two steps back kind of girl and so we are just plodding along day by day with our 'special needs' baby.  No two days are the same and she is making progress on the whole but incredibly slowly, we have come to realize that she will never be s normal little kitty who climbs and plays, but she is extremely special in her own way.  Jasper still has not figured out that she cannot see  and still want to play rough with her which generally ends up in a screaming match, sometimes when she is really crabby he just looks at her and sidles past to escape any trouble.

This morning I had some errands to do in town with Jelly Bean and on the last one I walked into a place which had odd shaped steps and promptly missed the first step and landed literally flat on my face, great fun, although on a positive note it's been quite a few months since my last fall.  At the time I almost passed out but apart from a grazed knee and having bitten through my lip and a bit of a numb chin and nose I am fine and have decided to rest up for the day.  Thankfully Jelly Bean was with me and very quickly took charge and drove us home, she is such a blessing.

Folks as I said it was a fairly quiet week and hopefully this week will follow suite minus any falls or drama haha.  I pray that you will all have a blessed week and for those who are going to be traveling please, please be careful on the roads, stay aware of your surroundings and please be safe.  A little thought for the week -   Kindness is the one thing that costs you absolutely nothing and can be given to everyone you come in contact with, we will never know what other people are going through, the cashier at the shop, the person on the other end of the phone, your work colleagues etc, even if they are grumpy and nasty, a kind word can totally turn their day around.  Let's give out gifts of kindness to the people we come in contact with this week.

CeCe being the little lady




A first, Jasper and CeCe sleeping together. 


No comments: