Monday 12 March 2018

A week to remember.

Good morning friends I trust you are all well?  Well last week was a week to be remembered in so many ways, where to begin?  Let me start off by saying that after baking countless batches of rusks over the last couple of years, I eventually got it right.  The batch that I made last week following the recipe on the stoneground flour packet, turned out absolutely perfect and were much quicker than any of my other recipes.  I am so 'chuffed' even my Hubby said "whatever you do, don't change a thing" hehe.

On the CeCe front we eventually decided, after finding 'gifts' in the bathroom, that she has decided THAT is her chosen place for her toilet.  We then placed puppy pads  where she normally goes and decided that we will let her set the pace and guess what ?  It's working !!!  She is having a success rate of about 3 out of 5 which is way better than never having success.  It has taken a lot of pressure
off us and obviously her, eventually, hopefully we will slowly move the puppy pads out of the way in the bathroom and then put them into a litter box, this is a slow process we've discovered.

Then on Wednesday my precious hubby had his Colonoscooy and Praise the Lord all the results have come back clean and healthy.  It was not a day without 'fun' by any means though,  once he was finished and quite woozy we stopped at the shop and then made our way home,  about two kilometers out of Gordons Bay I noticed that the steering on his car had suddenly become extremely hard, it was taking me ALL the strength I had to get around the turns (Hubby has counted and there are approximately 120 bends and tight turns between GB and home).  There are ongoing roadworks on this road as they are re-tarring the entire coast road and as a result we have stop/goes which can cause a wait of up to twenty minutes.  A few kilometers further along we encountered the first stop/go, on a narrow bridge and at the bottom of a hill, so Hubby suggested I turn the car off and then restart which I did and guess what ? The car was as dead as a dodo.  Oh my word, we had a stream of vehicles behind us and a hill in front so Jelly Bean jumped into the drivers seat and Hubby and I started pushing, just a note here, his car is like a tank haha.  We got a couple of meters when a Police car pulled up and started waving the traffic past and just at that point a gentleman in a bakkie drove up and pulled over, he was so kind and towed us up the hill to a parking area where he jump started our car from his and then drove behind us until we were about two thirds of the way home, there are still amazing people out there.  Eventually we arrived home with my muscles having received a jolly good work out.  It turns out the alternator packed up.

Thursday dawned and it was my turn so out we went to use my car,  as Hubby reversed out of the gate my fan belt snapped .......... seriously ???  Still not daunted we all hopped into Jelly Beans faithful little car and tootled off to town.  My procedure went well although was really difficult for me because I was completely awake and they placed a sheet over my face (I am claustrophobic) with an oxygen pipe to hold under the sheet against my face. It was weird having the Dr moving the lens around to get it onto the correct axis, and very sore, but he managed to get it right where he wanted it and the difference in my vision was immediate.  I had to wear an eye patch for 24 hours and then at night for a couple of days, also not allowed to bend forward.  As I sit typing this I have no contact lenses or glasses and am doing very well, I will be going back for a check up on Wednesday and if all is good I am guessing he will schedule the laser treatment for the opacity.  What totally get me is that the previous Dr did my left eye twice with me completely under anaesthetic and did not get the lens in correctly, how does that even happen ?

On Friday my brilliant Hubby bought a new fanbelt and pulley which he fitted on Saturday and we now have two out of the three  cars running happily.  The alternator is being fixed by the auto electrician and hopefully Hubby can refit it tomorrow.   On Saturday we actually managed to take some time out and went through to BigBear and BabyBear's in Sea Point for the most delicious lunch and afternoon which included a relaxing stroll along the promenade and just enjoying the outdoors and each other's company.  Thank you guys for such a special day it was much needed and appreciated.  Yesterday was spent being lazy, Hubby working on the alternator and just relaxing.  All the stress and drama have kind of caused havoc on my body and I am having to spent a lot of time resting and just recovering.

Now for a new week, please God without car issues or other dramas.  Jasper has been an absolute horror this morning bullying both the girls and has now claimed my lap as his preferred place for the
day (he hardly ever sits on laps),  obviously needing some TLC.  I had a 'brain wave' last week and took one of our travel neck pillows and tried putting Cece on top of it, she LOVES it, I think because she likes being cocooned, she nestles down and goes to sleep.  At this moment all is peaceful in our home , the dogs have just discovered a tortoise so are quite excited, and we have a whole fresh week ahead of us.

Have a fantastic week folks, thank you for continued support and all the prayers.  Please stay safe, remember when life hands you lemons make lemonade.

These trees are all growing in the same way along Sea Point Promenade.  I'm guessing due to the wind.  They are amazing.


Standing on the pier looking out on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and looking back to Lions Head.





No comments: